F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Hamilton wouldn't score points in a Haas

<< < (2/3) > >>

lkjohnson1950:
I think he's right that LH would have difficulty in the Haas. I also think LH is a first rate driver who deserves his success, he has outmatched every teammate he faced. There was a small group of us who had no time for Schumacher, he would not be in my top 5 all time.

Andy B:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on February 02, 2021, 11:24:12 PM ---I think he's right that LH would have difficulty in the Haas. I also think LH is a first rate driver who deserves his success, he has outmatched every teammate he faced. There was a small group of us who had no time for Schumacher, he would not be in my top 5 all time.

--- End quote ---

I agree whole heartedly Schumacher did not have a clean record whereas the drivers have said how LH is fair and clean but a hard racer. I too would have MS in my top 5 but I would have LH, SM, RP, JC and AP.

cosworth151:
I recall a lot of criticism of Schumi. Some (including me) said he was a "dirty" driver. Many said it was just because of the dominance of Ferrari in the early 2000's. (In spite of the fact that he won a WDC in a Benetton-Ford). Senna also had his detractors.

I would remind Grosjean that he might have had a hard time scoring points in Lewis's Mercedes.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: cosworth151 on February 03, 2021, 03:21:43 PM ---I recall a lot of criticism of Schumi. Some (including me) said he was a "dirty" driver. Many said it was just because of the dominance of Ferrari in the early 2000's. (In spite of the fact that he won a WDC in a Benetton-Ford). Senna also had his detractors.

I would remind Grosjean that he might have had a hard time scoring points in Lewis's Mercedes.

--- End quote ---

I was never a fan of MS either.  He drove dirty for sure. But he put in the work to become a champion. Without his relentless testing and working with the team, I don't think that Ferrari would have been dominant in the 2000s.  I don't have to admire him, but Schumacher earned his championships.

Schumacher put in 4 years to help build Ferrari before he won a championship with them.  Even Lewis didn't need that much time to win a championship with Mercedes!

Has anyone stuck with a team like that?  (I'm asking,since my knowledge of F1 happens to start when MS joined Ferrari.  Villeneuve tried, and failed, with BAR.  Maybe Perez when he 'saved' Force India, if he'd stayed and they won.  Not sure Lance should get credit if Aston Martin wins next year)

lkjohnson1950:
I have always said Schumacher won more with determination than raw talent. Nobody tested like he did. Obviously you have to be good to even drive in F1, but I think there have been many drivers with more pure talent than Michael. Jim Clark drove almost exclusively for Lotus and it took them 2 years to win, though Moss won in Rob Walker's Lotus first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version