collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 366
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Now had the Covid Vaccination jab  (Read 16234 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Now had the Covid Vaccination jab
« on: February 05, 2021, 01:27:54 PM »
Got the jab Weds eve, slick operation at the Grantham vaccination centre, thanks to all the staff for their efforts.  :good:

My brother in law commented that I'm now a '1 in 10', million that is as ten million vaccination mark passed on Weds eve.  :swoon:

I'm fine aside from a sore arm and a thumping headache yesterday, I don't usually suffer headaches but guess some reaction to drug welcome as it shows efficacy. Mine was Pfizer.

I rather oddly also belched rather a lot yesterday, well over a couple dozen times, again I'm not prone to windy pops so it might be a side effect. Might just have easily been summat I ate too, so no big deal. All seems fine today.   

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Now had the Covid Vaccination jab
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 03:04:49 PM »
Congrats, John! Glad to hear that it went so well.  :yahoo:

I technically become eligible for mine on mine on Monday (Ages 65+) Since Ohio is sending most of the vaccine to the big cities, who knows when I'll actually get it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 04:52:31 PM »
Canada has messed up vaccinations so much I'll be lucky to get one by Christmas.

Definitely makes the Canadian Grand Prix unlikely.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 08:07:22 PM »
New Zealand does not get any vaccines till March and then frontline workers are first up and quite rightly so. So quite unknown when I'll get mine but we seem to be in a different situation than most countries.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 10:42:06 AM »
My dad, brother and the elderly ex-neighbour in my support circle have all had their first jabs. I don't know what Dad and my brother got (I'm not sure they do either, as it was a very rushed care home mass vaccination and they spent most of their time helping residents get their jabs). My ex-neighbour definitely got Pfizer, and praised the excellent organisation at their GP.

I expect Mum to get her first jab at some point in the next few weeks, and me to get one in the second half of 2021 (since I'm in the last category for eligibility, being under-50 and without any aggravating conditions). I do know my practice shuts twice a week, on average, to do an afternoon of COVID vaccination.

Further, the local theatre is using venue payments for COVID vaccination to keep solvent, and the local football club is preparing to offer mass vaccination too. Amusingly, this meant some of the team staff got vaccinated because there were a few doses left over after volunteers and vulnerable people available at short notice shared out the preparation crate. This is because the system here is "waste not, want not", and the local hub takes it as a point of pride that it's only wasted 1 dose since rollout started.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 12:00:40 AM »
Got the jab Weds eve, slick operation at the Grantham vaccination centre, thanks to all the staff for their efforts.  :good:

My brother in law commented that I'm now a '1 in 10', million that is as ten million vaccination mark passed on Weds eve.  :swoon:

I'm fine aside from a sore arm and a thumping headache yesterday, I don't usually suffer headaches but guess some reaction to drug welcome as it shows efficacy. Mine was Pfizer.

I rather oddly also belched rather a lot yesterday, well over a couple dozen times, again I'm not prone to windy pops so it might be a side effect. Might just have easily been summat I ate too, so no big deal. All seems fine today.

which brand vaccine did you get? I hope you didn't make
a scene when they stuck you. Still waiting for mine but
I should be safe for 6 months.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 02:54:44 PM »

I got Pfizer one, no dramas - except they were not offering even a little sweetie to us brave soldiers.   :crazy:
You just get plonked on a socially distanced chair with a hand written time sticker on you with a monitor watching to see you don't jump the lights.  ;)
Very different to when I got the Polio jab when I was 9 or 10.  :D

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 04:42:00 PM »

I got Pfizer one, no dramas - except they were not offering even a little sweetie to us brave soldiers.   :crazy:
You just get plonked on a socially distanced chair with a hand written time sticker on you with a monitor watching to see you don't jump the lights.  ;)

When we got out Polio vaccine it was in a sugar cube.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 08:04:14 PM »

Thought that was only done by Horse doctors.  ;)

Crumbs you must be even more ancient than me then.
- Oh wait a minute of course you are.  :D  :tease:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 08:05:56 PM by John S »

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2021, 09:01:32 PM »

Thought that was only done by Horse doctors.  ;)

Crumbs you must be even more ancient than me then.
- Oh wait a minute of course you are.  :D  :tease:

My parents were tight with money. They took me to
the vet to save money.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 10:12:13 AM »
which brand vaccine did you get?

There's a mix of OxfordAstrazeneca and Pfizer being issued where I am (my relatives have OxfordAstrazeneca, my ex-neighbour has Pfizer).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 02:45:25 PM »
Still waiting for mine, and our company actually makes the base Pharmaceutical agent for the Moderna vaccine.  Switzerland has completely botched the vaccine rollout.  When I registered for the vaccine, I was told it would be late February.  Still waiting...they got down to the 70-80 year olds and ran out of vaccine.  Even closed down the vaccine stations they had opened up with great fanfare.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 02:56:56 PM »
I got my second Moderna shot last Wednesday. The only reaction I had was from the first one. Just a little rash on the elbow of the arm I got the shot in. It only lasted a couple of days.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 10:44:45 PM »
Dad and my brother had their second OxfordAstrazeneca jabs. Neither noticed it 2 minutes after it was done. My ex-neighbour had his second a little bit before and the only effect he noticed was that he was a bit hungrier for the next day or so ("good, more excuse to eat nice food").

Mum's due to have her second jab soon. Northern Ireland's started jabbing my age group but England has not, so I will be patient.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2021, 02:54:58 PM »
Now had my 2nd jab.  :yahoo:

In a short while I'll be free for release on the world, whether it's ready or not.  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle