collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 346
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Say it's isn't true  (Read 5160 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Say it's isn't true
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2021, 02:08:38 PM »
It appears there maybe majority fan support out there for Sprint race trial, if F1i.com survey is to be believed.

https://f1i.com/news/397519-f1i-sprint-race-poll-the-results-are-in.html
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2021, 08:20:25 PM »
They are not biased of course!
I'd find it more believable if it was by and independent rather that F1's own media outlet.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2021, 09:13:22 PM »
Andy mate, you are mixing up F1i.com with F1.com the official Liberty F1website.

F1i.com is an independent F1 news website run out of Gibraltar by Digital Motorsport Media Ltd, controlled by two Belgians - Bertrand Gachot & Pierre Van Vliet. It's as far removed from the official F1 management as Racefans.com or our own GPWizard.       
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:14:55 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2021, 08:00:15 PM »
Andy mate, you are mixing up F1i.com with F1.com the official Liberty F1website.

I missed that sneaky little i John!
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2021, 01:53:32 PM »
I'd also add that F1 Fan Voice (where these surveys happen) has a track record of biased questions. To add a fairly innocent one, the 2021 Driver Survey implied everyone had to have a "greatest driver of all time", which simply isn't true (and is a concept I believe to be false).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2021, 10:06:59 PM »
I love watching racing so sprint races are not a total disaster as far as I am concerned. However, they would have to do something to make the sprint race different to the main race. In World Superbike they do this by having a completely different tyre for the sprint race. The outcome can result in different bike/rider performances between the sprint race and the main race. In F1 they could have different 'sprint tyres' plus they could chose to run old engines turned up to 11 in a 'win or explode' approach (this would only be true if the race was for half points and didn't change qualifying for the main race).
I doubt it will happen but I also think they need to make F1 more interesting for a wider audience.

A great way to recycle parts too.  Everyone makes more engines and gearboxes than they are allowed to race, so allow used and rebuilt bits and send them out.

It’s simply a way to spice up qualifying which seems to change format every couple of races anyway, and quite honestly the excitement for me in Q only comes in the last few seconds of each session, so a couple of fun filled sprint races is just fine with me.

Using special tires that may jumble the order a bit depending on how the cars behave with the different compounds or more importantly how the various cars affect the tire performance, would make things all that more interesting.

Until they wipe out the aero shadow so that cars can actually close on one another and pass un-aided by gimmicks like DRS, I’m for anything else that tweaks interest.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle