collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 97
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16139 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12978 Posts
John S John S
11249 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: What's your pass time  (Read 9785 times)

Offline Dare

What's your pass time
« on: February 20, 2021, 01:24:01 AM »
Me I like to bowl. I realize Covid might not allow
it now but what did yo do or plan to do when this
hopefully is over.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: What's your pass time
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 01:05:48 PM »
For me it's to jump in the car and travel 120 miles to my best pal's house, then both of us will have a good booze up, at the local pub if it's open if not at his gaffe.  :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Just hope they don't lift lockdown on an F1 weekend, pal not a fan so he'd have to wait.  ;)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 01:08:24 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 01:30:40 PM »
For me it's to jump in the car and travel 120 miles to my best pal's house, then both of us will have a good booze up, at the local pub if it's open if not at his gaffe.  :yahoo:   :yahoo:

I thought you'd be a dart player John. But booze and
darts don't mix

Just hope they don't lift lockdown on an F1 weekend, pal not a fan so he'd have to wait.  ;)
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 02:03:12 PM »
Dare most darts leagues started in Pubs even if they fill out stadia now.

More games in Pubs have been won using large quantities of beer as fuel for home team, or sometimes as distraction for visitors.  :D

Personally always found smoking better for focusing on good darts throws, gave up fags 35 years ago even though it ruined my very average darts playing.  ;) 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 08:28:51 PM »
I ride a motorcycle and run a midweek riding group of mainly retired folk like myself, I cycle and try to achieve 100 kms a week, I keep bees who are frustrating little critters, and I run an F1 game a little like The Grid Game but I do it for a few friends and its just for fun.
I must not forget my white GSD who once a week patrols the corridors of a local care home with him being fondled by the residents which we find very satisfying.
With grandchildren being half a world away and not have the ability to travel at the moment its a past time we are missing but hopefully that'll change in the next twelve months.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 10:36:14 PM »

More games in Pubs have been won using large quantities of beer as fuel for home team, or sometimes as distraction for visitors.  :D

Personally always found smoking better for focusing on good darts throws, gave up fags 35 years ago even though it ruined my very average darts playing.  ;)

Darts Leagues in bars were really popular here 20 years
ago. Not too sure now as I haven't kept up with it. Only
difference here is the darts have plastic tips, alcohol and steel
tips don't work good in the US

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2021, 10:40:54 PM »

Darts Leagues in bars were really popular here 20 years
ago. Not too sure now as I haven't kept up with it. Only
difference here is the darts have plastic tips, alcohol and steel
tips don't work good in the US

I haven't played bar darts in years.  How do you have plastic tipped darts?

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 11:58:12 PM »

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/soft-tip-darts-4246-201718?filterFacets=facetStore%3AISA%2CSHIP

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 03:51:54 PM »

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/soft-tip-darts-4246-201718?filterFacets=facetStore%3AISA%2CSHIP

Anything to get out of doing math, eh?

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 05:27:10 PM »

I think it's more in electronic darts you have to feed the machine money to play. I don't know if the bars made you play darts with steel tips.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 03:35:05 PM »
Most of the clubs & bars around here use steel tips. Many even have dart leagues. Both the AMVETS & V.F.W. Posts I belong to have teams.

Here in the hills, we even have hatchet throwing bars. there i one right up the road from where Sheri lives:

https://www.hungrybuffalo.com/axe-throwing

As for my past times, most of you already know about my photography & my involvement in the Sons of AMVETS. I'm also a model railroader. I got my first H.O. scale train for Christmas in 1959. My "pike" is the Lancaster & Run (L&HR). This is one of my trains running on the Ohio State Fair layout a few years ago.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 06:49:23 PM »
Most of the clubs & bars around here use steel tips. Many even have dart leagues. Both the AMVETS & V.F.W. Posts I belong to have teams.

Here in the hills, we even have hatchet throwing bars. there i one right up the road from where Sheri lives:

https://www.hungrybuffalo.com/axe-throwing

As for my past times, most of you already know about my photography & my involvement in the Sons of AMVETS. I'm also a model railroader. I got my first H.O. scale train for Christmas in 1959. My "pike" is the Lancaster & Run (L&HR). This is one of my trains running on the Ohio State Fair layout a few years ago.

My dad did model railroading when he was a kid.  Alas, when my brother and I found his stuff... we thought it was fun to create a 'train wreck', which was fun, but you can only play once.

I thought about getting into it with my kids and... holy hell it's an expensive hobby.  The stuff we smashed could probably fund an F1 team!

Offline Andy B

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 08:05:52 PM »
My Grandson likes his railway in HO and British rolling stock I even had The Flying Scotsman that I gave my son one Christmas re-conditioned so that he could give it to his son at Christmas. When I was a kid I had a loco called Princess Elizabeth with a Royal Mail coach that dropped mail bags off and re-collected them so I found one and got him that too. They are expensive but if you give them the incentive and they get the bug they will not be able to afford alcohol and drugs!  ;)
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 02:39:59 PM »

I think it's more in electronic darts you have to feed the machine money to play. I don't know if the bars made you play darts with steel tips.

I thought 'not doing math' was a very American solution.

But having to pay extra to play darts is certainly MORE American, isn't it?

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 03:43:15 PM »
As many of you know I am very much into Caterham cars. I am on my second one now (picture below), this is the 620S model (310bhp/550kg). It's a bit like owning a tiger - sure you may bond with it, you may even love it, but you can't help feeling that one day it will turn on you and kill you.

Caterham once told me that if you don't look at a Caterham and sh*t yourself about driving it - then you need to upgrade!

Owning a Caterham led me down the path of redesigning the rear lights. This then led to a full on world wide business (Just Add Lightness) that now occupies every waking minute of my spare time.

This is now leading to further developments, possibly in the US......
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle