F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Heroes and Zeroes

<< < (2/4) > >>

Scott:
On the Bottas-Russell crash, I lay it at Russell's feet.  First of all Bottas was on fresh slicks and didn't want (or need) to go off the dry line for anyone.  Russell complaining that Bottas move was sudden is in his mind, but not video.  Bottas gradually moved with the dry line towards the right.  Russell still had room but probably wouldn't have been able to make the next corner.  Simply bad judgement.  The crash could have been avoided, but if Bottas had given up the dry line, he himself may have lost control going into the next corner.

Scott:
Sorry for Perez.  I don't think he's ever been brilliant in rain, and he said he had difficulty getting heat into the tires.  I expect him to settle into the car in the next couple of races and then show his stuff.  Looking forward to a couple Perez/Verstappen battles toward the end of season.

Monty:
Strange race.
I know I want overtaking but I still do not like it when an overtake results in one driver pushing the other driver off the road; in my opinion that corner was clearly Hamilton's but Verstappen knew that he could push Hamilton off the track and take the place. No honour in that - IMHO.
Perez let himself down badly. At this rate he will be no better than Albon or Gasly before him.
I am starting to feel sorry for Vettel; a mixture of stupid mistakes and enormous bad luck is leaving him looking fairly awful.
Personally I think Bottas could have taken steps to avoid the accident but, to be fair, I don't think he realised Russel was coming until it was too late. Russel needs to do some growing up - even if he believed the fault was with Bottas, going to a crashed car for a 'handbags at dawn' confrontation is not the thing to do in F1.
My number one hero was Norris - fantastic qualifying (nearly  :D) and then a great race.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Andy B on April 19, 2021, 07:50:52 AM ---Surely Alpine is pronounced Al-pine not Al-peen as Sky commentators keep doing.
Nothing to add to the above other than to say the Vettel, Alonso Mazepin have not surprised me!

--- End quote ---

It's a French name, so I assume 'Alpeen' is how it's pronounced.  They're putting enough money in the sport, I'm sure they'd correct anyone saying it wrong.

All the same, 'Ferrari' gets pronounced differently all around the world, and that doesn't seem to hurt their business.

cosworth151:
Most of it has already been covered, so just a couple of notes:

Heroes:

Lewis - He seems to do his best fighting back from impossible situations.

Zeroes:

Both Astons had overheating rear brakes on the way to the grid. They both later had gearbox problems. Sounds like their engineering staff has a busy couple of week ahead of them.

Honorable Mention:

Mazespin did his trademark pirouette on the last lap. In the Chat Room, we'd been speculating about how strange it would be if he were the only one in the race who didn't spin at least once.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version