F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Turkey set to replace Canada round on F1 schedule this year

(1/4) > >>

John S:
Planetf1.com is forecasting Turkey will return to the calendar again this year as vaccinations in Canada will not be advanced enough to allow F1 GP to take place there.

"Another major announcement is also expected to be ratified with Canada once again dropping off the calendar due to complications over the quarantine process ahead of the race in Montreal. Turkey is expected to make another welcome return to the schedule its place."

Excert from Planetf1.com, Today, 26th April.

lkjohnson1950:
I've always liked the track there. Maybe the best of the Tilkedromes.

Willy:
Quebec Health has said they will allow the race as long as there are no fans in the stands. The final say will be made by the Federal Govt Health Dept.
There is a 14 day quarantine period for anyone entering Canada that will not be possible with a race in Baku only 8 days before the scheduled race in Montreal on June 13.
I do not see it getting approved, and without fan tickets, the venue will just go deeper into the red where it usually resides.

F1Leakz:
I work in F1 and can guarantee Canada will not happen - teams have turned freight around and not sent it as its not happening

John S:
Hi F1Leakz, welcome to GPWizard.

Thanks for your post, perhaps from time to time you can regale us with a few more F1 insider titbits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version