collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 384
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11251 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: I have to agree with Bernie!  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Andy B

I have to agree with Bernie!
« on: May 08, 2021, 10:43:42 PM »
Bernie makes some good points and I tend to agree with him do you?https://www.planetf1.com/news/bernie-ecclestone-nonsense-sprint-races/

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Jericoke

Re: I have to agree with Bernie!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 12:52:55 AM »
I'm not opposed to the sprint races per se, more on track action is better, but I agree that they're not adding anything to the spectacle.

The winner gets pole and points?  Just lets the top drivers pull ahead of the midfield.  It also corrects any mistakes top drivers make in qualifying. Half the fun of qualifying is when a top driver has a bad lap and starts lower than they should. Giving them 20 laps to correct that won't make the races any better.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 11:36:54 AM »
We are were we are with the Sprint Qualifying trial, so until we've seen it in reality at race weekends I prefer to let the subject ride. The point of a trial is to give it a go and see what shakes out, surely?

Bernie's ideas have not always been the greatest in the past either. I think he's possibly trying to still stay relevant.
Why can't he be more like Murray was; when you retire hold your opinion and try not to interfere.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 01:53:31 PM »
Something I've seldom said - I pretty much agree with Bernie, too.

Love the picture. I never realized that the one thing Bernie always needed was an "evil twin" beard!  ;)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Willy

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 02:31:51 PM »
I originally was okay with the idea of sprint races, but with more thought, I realize they are not a good move forward. The top 5 or 6 cars will only increase their point lead with another points gathering race under their belt and the rear guard will drop further back.
The chance of a sprint race damaging a car will also create more issues for those teams who do not have the cash to burn.
And Jeri makes a great point that it will allow drivers to make up for a poor quali lap and give them points to do so.
Oh My God....I agree with Bernie!  That didn't taste good come out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle