F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Spanish GP Winners & Losers

<< < (2/3) > >>

lkjohnson1950:
But kudos to the Alfa wheel gun man who pounded on it to show it was flat as no one else seemed to notice.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on May 10, 2021, 04:18:12 PM ---But kudos to the Alfa wheel gun man who pounded on it to show it was flat as no one else seemed to notice.

--- End quote ---

It does bring up a few questions:

* What happened?
* How easy is it to tell an F1 tire is flat?  They look pretty rigid, and I'm going to assume the weight doesn't change much when flat.
* How often does a tire fitted to the rim to go flat, and is caught earlier in the process?
* Who attaches the tire to the rim? Pirelli or the team?
* Does a defective tire set count towards allotment? If not, does Pirelli have a stack of tires ready to go for spares?

lkjohnson1950:
The weight change would not be noticeable. The tire would be mounted and inflated by Pirelli. The team would adjust the inflation level themselves.

Andy B:
Willy!
No way did Max "Scamper away" as the maximum gap to Lewis was only 1.5 seconds till the final pit stop.
In all the years that I have watched F1 I have never seen or heard of a fresh tyre being found to be flat at a pit stop, quite strange.

Willy:
Andy B.
Your right, Max did not "Scamper away" but he did stretch out the lead very fast. 
But it sounded good didn't it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version