collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 358
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Customer vacation complaints  (Read 5763 times)

Online Dare

Customer vacation complaints
« on: June 14, 2021, 02:59:28 PM »

1. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."
2. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."
3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."
5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."
6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."
7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."
8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."
9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."
10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."
12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."
13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."
14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."
15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."
16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."
17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."
19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Customer vacation complaints
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 04:33:04 PM »
 :DD They got better and better as they went along, unlike the tourists' common sense.

The one complaint I've heard that fits here:

"We went on holiday and didn't realise we had to pay for it"
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 07:00:35 PM »
 :DD :DD :DD The stupidity of the average human never ceases to amaze me.  :fool:
Lonny

Offline Andy B

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 10:41:33 PM »
It's a shame that they don't name the nationality of those who made the comments.
We were once in Spain preparing to leave the hotel for home and a couple were complain that they had not been able to get a decent cup of tea the whole time they were there.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »
 :DD :DD :DD :DD

Dare, you've done it again with that list.  :good:

Mind you I think the lady in No 1 failed to add :-
  "He Just wanted to relax".... but couldn't as I kept shouting STOP LOOKING followed by  |-( all the time.   :D   
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 01:19:13 PM »
 :DD :DD Brilliant. Certainly made me chuckle.  :good:
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 04:14:37 PM »
 :DD

We Cruised 2 days from New Zealand to Sydney but as we left the ship one passenger, pointing to Kirribilli Point (about 1km across the harbour), said; "is that New Zealand over there?"

However, the best thing I heard on that Cruise was as we left Australia to go to Tasmania. The bus driver said "don't forget folks, you will have to adjust your watches for the time difference between Australia and Tasmania; it's about 25years!"

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 04:53:50 AM »
I was once part of a school trip to Normandy. On the way home, not far from Calais, the bus driver suddenly piped up, "Look! Over on your right-hand side, that's the Eifel Tower!" (Paris was even further away than it had been for most of the holiday. He was trying to pass off a TV tower for the famous landmark!)
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 03:17:30 PM »
Several years ago, the travel writer for the newspaper in Columbus wrote a review of a regional steam powered tourist railroad. He gave it a scathing review because the steam powered railroad was powered by a steam engine! It put out smoke & cinders! A diesel would have been much cleaner!  :confused:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle