F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

2022 Russel Bottas swap?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Andy B:
GR's apprenticeship is over it's time for the big boys shoes.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Alianora La Canta on June 18, 2021, 09:18:01 AM ---I'm getting the sense of a lengthy divorce rather than a sudden break-up. 2022... ...though I think Toto will be nervous because George still has some rough points to his driving that occasionally bite him.

--- End quote ---

I feel like any of Russel's faults right now are a matter of him trying to prove it's not him, but the car holding him back.  If the car isn't going to get points, you might as take chances and risks that he wouldn't have to in a 'better' car.

Willy:
Not a surprise after George showed his ability last year as he stood in for Lewis one race.
George certainly gave Bottas notice that his days in a Merc were numbered.
I, for one, am looking forward to seeing George as Lewis's teammate.

Dare:

--- Quote from: Willy on June 19, 2021, 11:15:00 PM ---Not a surprise after George showed his ability last year as he stood in for Lewis one race.

--- End quote ---

I think if you put most any F1 driver in the Mercedes they
would impress just like if you put Lewis in the Williams he
would look average

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Dare on June 20, 2021, 01:58:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: Willy on June 19, 2021, 11:15:00 PM ---Not a surprise after George showed his ability last year as he stood in for Lewis one race.

--- End quote ---

I think if you put most any F1 driver in the Mercedes they
would impress just like if you put Lewis in the Williams he
would look average

--- End quote ---

I'd have agreed with you last year, but how much time did we spend this season discussing the 'disappointment' in drivers like Alonso, Vettel and Sainz slowly adjusting to their new teams?

Russel jumped into a new car, and embarrassed the guy who'd been driving it all year.  Sure, if Russel had gotten third, I'd chalk that up to the car, not the driver.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version