F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Lewis Hamilton Signs with Mercedes through 2023

(1/2) > >>

cosworth151:
Lewis Hamilton has signed on with Mercedes for at least two more seasons. That means that both he & his rival Max Verstappen will be with their same teams through the end of the 2023 season.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a36931028/lewis-hamilton-isnt-going-anywhere-extends-with-mercedes-f1-through-2023/

Jericoke:
The way F1 has changed over just a few generations... Max is the same age that Lewis was when Hamilton won his first championship... even though Max has already started 34 more races than Jackie Stewart did in his entire career.

John S:
Lets just hope Merc get the next gen of F1 car right, if not Lewis might feel it's best to cut and run after 2022 season.  ;)

Much as Lewis says he likes the new competition at the front of the pack should he fail to get the overall record this season, and there is no sign that the 8th championship is possible during his new contract his appetite for competition may lessen.

Scott:
I'd rather see Merc struggle for a couple of seasons.  Really tired of them being on the podium and Toto scowling because he doesn't own the top two steps.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Scott on July 07, 2021, 04:26:10 PM ---I'd rather see Merc struggle for a couple of seasons.  Really tired of them being on the podium and Toto scowling because he doesn't own the top two steps.

--- End quote ---

While the accomplishments of Merc/Hamilton are legendary, I'd love to see Lewis have success with a third team.

I'm also happy to see others winning... but never liked RBR, nor Max.  A Lando/McLaren or Russel/Williams win would be fantastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version