F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Lewis Hamilton Signs with Mercedes through 2023

<< < (2/2)

Dare:
The way Lewis is backed it shows how great
Rosberg's title was.

John S:

--- Quote from: Dare on July 08, 2021, 02:11:42 AM ---The way Lewis is backed it shows how great
Rosberg's title was.

--- End quote ---

Not sure what you're trying to say Dare?  :confused:

Are you saying Lewis gets preferential treatment over his team mate?

Or..... Car is built around him?

Or..... Team recognise his tremendous natural ability & pace and therefore give him the respect as de facto leader?

:DntKnw: :DntKnw: :DntKnw:

I agree that Nico had to exceed his usual work rate, preparation and tactics, plus he had to up the aggression to achieve his WDC.
In that sense his title can be regarded as truly great. However I think Nico realised that bringing that effort and aggression to future seasons still may not be enough to best Lewis again - hence he retired.

Best get out at the top of your game than stay and have your status downgraded to being an also ran in the following years.

At this point I must mention that Lewis has only been beaten twice by a team mate in the points table in his completed 14 seasons in F1, once by Jenson (2011) and then by Nico (2016).

Dare:
Not sure what you're trying to say Dare?  :confused:

Are you saying Lewis gets preferential treatment over his team mate? yes

Or..... Car is built around him?  yes

Or..... Team recognise his tremendous natural ability & pace and therefore give him the respect as de facto leader? yes

Bottas could probably answer better than me

John S:
You could be right Dare, well about Bottas. Not sure that was case in Rosberg era though.

Dare:

--- Quote from: John S on July 08, 2021, 04:59:48 PM ---You could be right Dare, well about Bottas. Not sure that was case in Rosberg era though.

--- End quote ---

Ask Fisi when he was with Alonso or Ruben's and any
other Ferrari driver with MS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version