F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Marko: No on-track revenge but maybe legal action

(1/5) > >>

Monty:
https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull-no-revenge-maybe-legal-action/
Does this horrible little man not realise how ridiculous he sounds and what damage he is doing to the RBR brand.
Surely he has walked around enough tracks to know 'Motor Racing is dangerous' - after all every fence has a sign telling you that!
It is even worse that he blindly defends everything his driver does when everyone (even his fans) accept that Max is one of the most aggressive and therefore dangerous drivers ever to be on F1 tracks!

lkjohnson1950:
If R/B were to find some obscure legal point and sue Hamilton and maybe Merc, winning that lawsuit would end racing. No driver could get insurance to cover liability in a situation like that so they wouldn't dare to pass.

John S:
To add to this seemingly endless controversy Red Bull now claim to have data on Lewis entry speed at the fateful corner, and it may, I say may, lend credence for challenge that Lewis was possibly over the limit with his entry speed.

This quote from Martin Brundle, in the main article below, I feel gets to the heart of RBRs consternation:-

"I have been told by Red Bull that there is data that they can use to prove that Hamilton went into Copse Corner significantly faster than at any other time and that he could not have made the corner without going wide and inevitably tapping Verstappen in the end."

I guess also with Merc having been uber active in tightening rear wing testing, to financial detriment of admittedly more than just RBR, the Bulls may be feeling constrained by cost cap with this additional loss of a car (approx £750k) in bringing more updates later in season, and therefore see 25 points loss to Lewis/Merc as more significant/damaging than we do.

Peculiar Irony; if it happened in Sprint race they would have been able to gain money back.  :D

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/89681/red-bull-have-crash-data-that-will-allow-them-to-blame-hamilton.html

cosworth151:
Oh, I'm sure RBR can create introduce data to prove that it was Hamilton's fault. Give me a day or two & I'll show you data to prove that it was Fangio's fault.  ;)

rmassart:

--- Quote from: John S on July 21, 2021, 10:23:45 AM ---"I have been told by Red Bull that there is data that they can use to prove that Hamilton went into Copse Corner significantly faster than at any other time and that he could not have made the corner without going wide and inevitably tapping Verstappen in the end."

--- End quote ---

If that is so obvious why did Verstappen not back off, wait for Hamilton to go wide and then dive down the inside. The fact that Hamilton was faster at that point in the corner than on other laps is surely clear. How else can he attempt to overtake? By going slower than usual?

This is a racing incident, possibly a mistake by Hamilton (I don't agree), but it is not done on purpose. Doing this on purpose would run the risk of both drivers retiring, which is not something that would help Hamilton a lot.

The point about Budgets is interesting though. Maybe the rules will change in future so that if a team is clearly at fault for causing a write off of another teams car, the penalty will not be in points, but a budget transfer from one team to another!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version