collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 342
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Marko: No on-track revenge but maybe legal action  (Read 3056 times)

Offline Monty

Re: Marko: No on-track revenge but maybe legal action
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2021, 03:15:35 PM »
https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull-silverstone-crash-review/

So RBR are pushing ahead with their ridiculous witch hunt.
Apart from pundits that are on the Red Bull payroll, most 'informed' opinions suggest that Hamilton tried an 'ambitious' move and the outcome was simply a racing incident. All of the video evidence I have seen clearly shows Hamilton slowing slightly i.e. backing out of the move but Verstappen turning in on Hamilton leaving him nowhere to go.
Hamilton was punished for being 'ambitious' and even that seems harsh to a lot of people.
There is no doubt Verstappen knew Hamilton was there so he could have taken a wider line and avoided contact.
The facts are that they were both committed to coming out of the corner in front; they both could have backed out; Hamilton was probably over committed and therefore couldn't tighten his line any more; Verstappen tried to bully Hamilton to back out of it but misjudged his positioning. I would say these facts more of less define a racing incident.
If the FIA backdown on this, and adjust Hamilton's penalty, they will lose all credibility. There have been many similar incidents (many where Verstappen has been the perpetrator) and no other team has sought legal redress. This act further damages the RBR brand in my opinion.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2021, 08:20:19 PM »
I am surprised Red Bull is allowing good money to be thrown after bad. It doesn't seem to be gaining them any sympathy, and just means the FIA is £15,000 richer.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2021, 02:17:35 PM »
I am surprised Red Bull is allowing good money to be thrown after bad. It doesn't seem to be gaining them any sympathy, and just means the FIA is £15,000 richer.

To a degree, I understand the litigation of whether a part/design philosophy is legal/illegal on an F1 car.  You either want to have a cheating car banned, or copy the design you wish you'd thought of.

Litigating a driver's reaction on track is ridiculous.  Even though the Lewis/Max crash turned out to be quite dangerous/expensive, it wasn't even the worst driving mistake of the race weekend.  If anyone makes a mistake and spins, it COULD cost millions of dollars and risk to a dozen drivers.  Should THEY be penalized as well?  Jumping the curb has shown to cause catastrophic failure in the past, should that get a race ban too?  Unsafe pit releases in a confined space with hundreds of unprotected people could create the worst disaster in modern racing, but it gets the same 10 seconds Hamilton received.

If Red Bull wants the standard to be a passing car MUST vacate where the leading car probably wants to go, I hope they've instructed their drivers to stick to that protocol, or else they'll have to sack their drivers on the grounds of safety, regardless of what the FIA rules.  (Just because the FIA allows for "reckless driving" doesn't mean RBR has to allow it)

Offline Dare

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2021, 03:42:50 PM »
Maybe they could install horns on the cars
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2021, 04:01:26 PM »
Maybe they could install horns on the cars

I would LOVE for a passing F1 car to have a huge truck style air horn to let the lead car know they're being passed.

Or do you mean horns like on a bull, so you can gore someone who turns in on you?  I'd kind of support that too.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2021, 06:07:21 AM »
Horns on F1 cars it would be like driving in Italy!  >:D
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle