collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 345
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lando now holds a very special F1 record at McLaren  (Read 2169 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Lando now holds a very special F1 record at McLaren
« on: July 21, 2021, 11:11:38 AM »
His run of 10 points scoring races since start of season beats even Hamilton & Senna.

Lando also set a new record for consecutive points finishes as a McLaren driver, with his staggering streak of 15 races in the top-10 to take away Alonso's crown.  Wow, Wow & Wow!  :swoon:

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/983475/1/world-championbeating-f1-record-norris-now-holds-mclaren?traffic_source=Connatix

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Dare

Re: Lando now holds a very special F1 record at McLaren
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »
I'd take Lando over  Russel
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Robem64

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2021, 11:35:16 AM »
I'd take Lando over  Russel

Definitely
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 01:40:36 PM »
It would definitely be fun to see them go up against each other in top flight cars. I hope it works out that way.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 04:51:10 PM »
Has f1 ever had a Brit vs Brit title fight?
(Or two drivers from the same country?)

2010 had Hamilton and Button both in the running, but it wasn't a direct fight with a lot of drivers in the mix until they very end of the season.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 07:31:26 PM »
There is the famous tussle for the 1958 championship Jeri, Stirling Moss was fighting with Mike Hawthorn for the title that year. Interestingly Peter Collins another Brit was a distant 3rd in the championship.

Moss could have won it if he hadn't sportingly intervened, after winning, at the Portuguese GP to stop Hawthorn being given a penalty. The 2nd place Hawthorn kept meant at season end he beat Stirling to the title by 1 point. - Now that's what adds to the legend for Stirling as being the best F1 driver never to win a WDC, amongst other exploits of course.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2021, 04:11:39 PM »
There is the famous tussle for the 1958 championship Jeri, Stirling Moss was fighting with Mike Hawthorn for the title that year. Interestingly Peter Collins another Brit was a distant 3rd in the championship.

Moss could have won it if he hadn't sportingly intervened, after winning, at the Portuguese GP to stop Hawthorn being given a penalty. The 2nd place Hawthorn kept meant at season end he beat Stirling to the title by 1 point. - Now that's what adds to the legend for Stirling as being the best F1 driver never to win a WDC, amongst other exploits of course.

1)  Is there anyone on the grid right now who would have that level of sportsmanship?  Kimi?  Ricciardo?  I don't think they'd go out of their way to right a wrong, but would probably tell stewards that fair is fair if officially asked.

2)  The '58 Portuguese GP seems pretty interesting.  Shelby raced. There was a woman driver.  There was a 'fastest lap' point.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle