F1 News & Discussions > F1 History

Memories with Sir Jackie

(1/1)

Dare:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/sir-jackie-stewart-shares-thoughts-120000541.html

lkjohnson1950:
How sad that Helen Stewart has dementia.

John S:
Good to see JYS is still active and able to share stories of old and new times in motor racing. His Rolex collection must be worth a few bob too.  ;)

cosworth151:
I liked the picture of Sir Jackie in the Ecurie Ecosse D-Type Jaguar, too. One of my all time favorite drivers in one of my all time favorite race cars.

I've very sorry to her about his wife Helen's condition, too. The fact that he is dealing with it by helping to find a treatment for it is very much the JYS we've all admired for so long.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on August 13, 2021, 01:34:15 AM ---How sad that Helen Stewart has dementia.

--- End quote ---

I love how he talks about using F1 problem solvers to attack medical issues.

It would be amazing if someone with a connection to F1 really were able to make a difference like that.  It would help people see F1 beyond a playground for rich people, but an actual contributing part of society.

Stewart himself continues to be an extraordinary human being who truly transcends the sport, and the world is lucky to have him.  I loved the part about every Rolex having a story.  It's not a collection of ostentatious riches, it's a personal history about the number of lives he's impacted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version