Everything Else > Off Topic

It's been awhile but it's back

(1/3) > >>

Andy B:
NZ has done pretty well in staying Covid free with no community cases but today the whole country went into a Level 4 lockdown which is no going out except for food shopping, exercise and medical appointments. Top of the North Island is locked down for 7 days initially whereas the rest of the country jus three days which could also be extended.
We only have 23% fully vaccinated which is pretty poor in comparison to other countries.

John S:
Don't think you need stay awake at night just yet Andy, reports I've read show NZ has only had 3k infections and 26 deaths til now which is much, much better than most other countries of your population size.

Similar size population countries Denmark and Ireland(Eire) have infection numbers of 330k and 324k respectively; Deaths come in at over 5k for Ireland and Denmark just under 2.6k.

Think you've got plenty of slack in getting the vaccinations sorted Andy.     

Jericoke:
I do wish other countries took it equally seriously. The virus can't spread if you don't let it

Half measures crush the economy and the spirit, but not the spread. Full on lock downs. A little pain saves the economy and spirit in the long term

Andy B:
Lockdown is easy for me as I'm retired and I'm sleeping very well but I do take it seriously there are still Kiwis who this morning whilst dog walking were saying "do I have to wear a mask?"
NZ's location makes quite a bit of difference to the likes of Denmark and Ireland as we are three hours flying from the nearest neighbour which makes it quite simple in most cases to control those entering the country although shipping has been an issue now and again.
I look forward to the days when international travel has safely returned.

lkjohnson1950:

--- Quote from: Jericoke on August 17, 2021, 10:23:35 PM ---I do wish other countries took it equally seriously. The virus can't spread if you don't let it

Half measures crush the economy and the spirit, but not the spread. Full on lock downs. A little pain saves the economy and spirit in the long term

--- End quote ---

The Governor of Arizona has forbidden all school districts and local governments from requiring masks or vaccinations to work or attend. And they wonder why teachers are p*ssed at the state. Oh, and the legislature, those fine people who brought you the illegal ballot recount, has passed a LAW to back him up.  :fool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version