collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 354
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: It's been awhile but it's back  (Read 6667 times)

Online Andy B

It's been awhile but it's back
« on: August 17, 2021, 09:14:37 AM »
NZ has done pretty well in staying Covid free with no community cases but today the whole country went into a Level 4 lockdown which is no going out except for food shopping, exercise and medical appointments. Top of the North Island is locked down for 7 days initially whereas the rest of the country jus three days which could also be extended.
We only have 23% fully vaccinated which is pretty poor in comparison to other countries.

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: It's been awhile but it's back
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 03:21:09 PM »
Don't think you need stay awake at night just yet Andy, reports I've read show NZ has only had 3k infections and 26 deaths til now which is much, much better than most other countries of your population size.

Similar size population countries Denmark and Ireland(Eire) have infection numbers of 330k and 324k respectively; Deaths come in at over 5k for Ireland and Denmark just under 2.6k.

Think you've got plenty of slack in getting the vaccinations sorted Andy.     
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 10:23:35 PM »
I do wish other countries took it equally seriously. The virus can't spread if you don't let it

Half measures crush the economy and the spirit, but not the spread. Full on lock downs. A little pain saves the economy and spirit in the long term

Online Andy B

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 11:03:19 PM »
Lockdown is easy for me as I'm retired and I'm sleeping very well but I do take it seriously there are still Kiwis who this morning whilst dog walking were saying "do I have to wear a mask?"
NZ's location makes quite a bit of difference to the likes of Denmark and Ireland as we are three hours flying from the nearest neighbour which makes it quite simple in most cases to control those entering the country although shipping has been an issue now and again.
I look forward to the days when international travel has safely returned.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 01:09:32 AM »
I do wish other countries took it equally seriously. The virus can't spread if you don't let it

Half measures crush the economy and the spirit, but not the spread. Full on lock downs. A little pain saves the economy and spirit in the long term

The Governor of Arizona has forbidden all school districts and local governments from requiring masks or vaccinations to work or attend. And they wonder why teachers are p*ssed at the state. Oh, and the legislature, those fine people who brought you the illegal ballot recount, has passed a LAW to back him up.  :fool:
Lonny

Online Andy B

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 05:48:42 AM »

The Governor of Arizona has forbidden all school districts and local governments from requiring masks or vaccinations to work or attend. And they wonder why teachers are p*ssed at the state. Oh, and the legislature, those fine people who brought you the illegal ballot recount, has passed a LAW to back him up.  :fool:

They walk amongst us!  :fool:

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 09:38:17 AM »
Must be frustrating to be in lockdown again, Andy B even if (nearly) everyone involved understands the reasons.

The UK approach has led to town being completely flat (fewer people around than during lockdown #3), record case counts despite a reduction in testing (at least that part can be said to be despite government preference - free home tests valid for anything except post-foreign travel are being handed out at the local library and a staffed test centre set up in the middle of the shops) and a constrant stream of cases in hospital. (Fortunately, hardly any of them are going to the ICU unit, and my particular area isn't cancelling routine operations again yet - last year, it paused them for seven months, and had to pause again for a while in January).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online Andy B

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 10:10:48 AM »
It'll only be frustrating Ali if it drags on but we'll have to wait and see.
The UK have done it tough and Aussie are doing different to anyone else in Melbourne there was an engagement party this week and a dozen cases came from that.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 01:19:08 PM »

The Governors of Florida & Texas have done the same thing. I have no idea what these people are thinking.

Also, I just started a separate thread that Suzuka has been cancelled due to Covid.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2021, 02:13:03 PM »

The Governors of Florida & Texas have done the same thing. I have no idea what these people are thinking.

Could it all be down to the "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave" epithet that is so frequently lauded from your shores?

Many of us on the other side of the pond look upon your gun control laws - or rather lack of them - as a recipe for disaster probably on the same scale as any ongoing threat from covid.

Too often some freedoms require others not just to be brave but to pay an ultimate price.  :(

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Dare

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2021, 09:03:21 PM »

Could it all be down to the "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave" epithet that is so frequently lauded from your shores?

Many of us on the other side of the pond look upon your gun control laws - or rather lack of them - as a recipe for disaster probably on the same scale as any ongoing threat from covid.

Too often some freedoms require others not just to be brave but to pay an ultimate price.  :(

Our great ex president has returned us to the times of
the Civil War. Brother against brother. When I told my cousin
I didn't like Trump he said never speak to me again . Gee I wish I
knew for years that's all it took.

To me trump is a example of why people followed Hitler. Tell
the lies long enough and people will believe them. Rant over
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Online Andy B

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2021, 10:28:41 PM »

Our great ex president has returned us to the times of
the Civil War. Brother against brother. When I told my cousin
I didn't like Trump he said never speak to me again . Gee I wish I
knew for years that's all it took.

To me trump is a example of why people followed Hitler. Tell
the lies long enough and people will believe them. Rant over
[/quote]

Very well put Dare I think the rest of the world wondered why so many believed the garbage Trump expelled but al social media has a lot to answer for with many reading something on and taking it a fact without ever giving it a thought.

Getting back to lockdowns our Level 4 requires than on leaving your home you wear a mask and maintain a 2 metre social distance from others this morning whilst walking my dog I was the only one wearing a mask. Maybe they have an immunity that I do not have?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle