Spa Heroes & Zeroes

(1/3) > >>

cosworth151:
Haas pretty well summed it up with a tweet:

--- Quote ---The longest shortest race in F1 🏁
--- End quote ---

Heroes:

The fans - Stayed through terrible conditions. Full marks for them!  :yahoo:

The RBR mechanics - For getting Checo's car put back together an into the race.

Zeroes:

The Race Director, Stewards, FIA, F1,  et al - Never really seemed to know what they were doing.

Ian:
Totally agree Cos. I was really gutted today, got a fantastic deal off of Virgin when I had a real go at them over their lack of customer service so I have had to watch the highlights on my wifes tv, he started to apologise but I cut him off and said thal all I get is apologies but no service, he ended up saying he couldn't help that and offered me the sky sports package for a £1 a month on my present package for 18 mths. settled down today to watch it all and all I saw was a few laps under the safety car.  :'(

rmassart:
Biggest zero are the race directors who ensured half points could be awarded by running a few laps behind a safety car. If there was no competitive racing, no points should be awarded in my view.

Well done the fans for keeping us armchair enthusiasts entertained!

Jericoke:
Officially the weirdest race ever.

* Fastest lap - Mazepin
* Second straight Williams double points finish (I understand historically this isn't a big deal, but put up your hands if you'd have bet your house on in at literally any point in the 2021 season)
* 19 cars started, 20 cars finished.  When was the last time an F1 race GAINED a driver?

Alianora La Canta:
I'll try not to say too much about this one. I'm expecting lawyers to contact me about this at some point. That's how bad the mess is.

Heroes

Sebastian Vettel - For looking out for Lando Norris when nobody else was, and calling for a red flag on his sighter lap of Q3.

Pierre Gasly - for pitting at the end of his Q3 sighter lap. Very brave of him.

Lewis Hamilton - for asking for a refund for the fans who had to put up with all this.

Zeroes

Everyone who contributed to the first paragraph (who I will not list here, but have started listing further down).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version