F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

2021 Italian Grand Prix Heroes and Zeroes

<< < (2/3) > >>

Willy:
I find it difficult to just do a Heros & Zeros list as the Lewis - Max crash had overshadowed the entire race.
I will say that MacLaren and Danny & Lando drove a great race and deserved the top two steps.
Bottas drove a beautiful race and was a solid third.

Max has shown time and again that he is a selfish, spoiled whiny, entitled child who does not have the emotional tools to deal with being a Grand Prix Driver.
Just because he can drive the car well does not mean he deserves the seat.
He will do anything to get ahead and puts all others around him in danger as he charges like a bull in a china shop into any situation he feels he can gain an advantage from.
He reminds me very much of Michael Schumacher in that regard but at least Michael was not truly dangerous like Max appears to be.

If it was not for the Halo, Lewis would be dead. Period, no question in my mind.
And the stewards give a three-place grid penalty to Max for that overly dangerous and totally avoidable crash?
I wonder if it would still be just a three-place penalty if there was no Halo?

Max's attitude and behaviour are getting more aggressive and reckless and how long before someone is actually hurt from one of his not-thought-out moves?
I believe a stripping of his Super Licence may be a proper response, not a grid penalty.
And then that total moron Marko quickly jumps to Max's defence instead of just keeping his damn mouth shut.

rmassart:
I didn't watch the race and only watched brief highlights. I don't have much more to add, but for Max I get the impression he thinks he's playing a game of chicken knowing that the other drivers will give way at the last second because they don't have a death wish. And by and large it works because others do try to avoid a crash. But it's not always possible, like in this instance. Lewis has nowhere to go except off track. This attitude from Max needs to be stopped as it is not racing, nor is it fair and worst of all it's just incredibly dangerous!

Monty:

--- Quote ---I find it difficult to just do a Heros & Zeros list as the Lewis - Max crash had overshadowed the entire race.
I will say that MacLaren and Danny & Lando drove a great race and deserved the top two steps.
Bottas drove a beautiful race and was a solid third.

Max has shown time and again that he is a selfish, spoiled whiny, entitled child who does not have the emotional tools to deal with being a Grand Prix Driver.
Just because he can drive the car well does not mean he deserves the seat.
He will do anything to get ahead and puts all others around him in danger as he charges like a bull in a china shop into any situation he feels he can gain an advantage from.
He reminds me very much of Michael Schumacher in that regard but at least Michael was not truly dangerous like Max appears to be.

If it was not for the Halo, Lewis would be dead. Period, no question in my mind.
And the stewards give a three-place grid penalty to Max for that overly dangerous and totally avoidable crash?
I wonder if it would still be just a three-place penalty if there was no Halo?

Max's attitude and behaviour are getting more aggressive and reckless and how long before someone is actually hurt from one of his not-thought-out moves?
I believe a stripping of his Super Licence may be a proper response, not a grid penalty.
And then that total moron Marko quickly jumps to Max's defence instead of just keeping his damn mouth shut.

--- End quote ---
more eloquent than my attempt - I agree entirely!

Andy B:
At no time in the last fifteen years has LH said to have been a dirty driver so why would anyone think that has changed?
I quite agree with the comments here that MV has to have his wings trimmed.

lkjohnson1950:
It galls me that Maxie is whining about Lewis not leaving him enough room when he forced Lewis off the track at Imola and at the 2nd chicane right there at Monza. If you want to get room, start leaving some for others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version