F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Hamilton:Always had a target on my back

(1/2) > >>

Dare:
Just maybe when you drive on one of the best teams
there's a target on your back. Drive for Haas next year
and you won't have that worry. Stop whining

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/hamilton-ive-always-had-a-target-on-my-back/ar-AAP3LCL?li=BBnbfcL

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Dare on October 02, 2021, 08:35:17 PM ---Just maybe when you drive on one of the best teams
and you won't have that worry. Stop whining

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/hamilton-ive-always-had-a-target-on-my-back/ar-AAP3LCL?li=BBnbfcL

--- End quote ---

He's not whining, he's humble bragging that since he's always winning, people are always trying to take him down.  (Which is basically the definition of any sport... try to beat the best)

cosworth151:

--- Quote from: Dare on October 02, 2021, 08:35:17 PM ---Just maybe when you drive on one of the best teams
and you won't have that worry.

--- End quote ---

If Lewis (or anybody else) drove for Haas, he's have to worry about his teammate Niki targeting him.  :-[

jimclark:
I'm trying to determine where one "sees" whining in that passage........
All I see is a rational discussion about how Lewis is dealing with things as they are.  8)

Scott:
I've never been a real Hamilton fan, but I appreciate how he has matured and deserves a lot of what he has, whether through driving ability or off track career choices (he seems to hit the jackpot every time he changes teams).  And as much as I can't stand his in-race whining about everything from strategy calls to equipment problems, I don't think he is whining about Max.  He's mature enough to realise 'Win or Crash' is no way to win a championship.  Max isn't.

My money is on Lewis beating Max this year, and I hope he does it by only a handful of points that Max may have lost through penalties. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version