F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Frank Williams has died

(1/2) > >>

Dare:
RIP

https://sports.yahoo.com/formula-one-team-founder-ex-145355233.html

Willy:
Frank Williams was a legend in the sport and created what was the last of the privateer teams.
His kind will not be seen again.

cosworth151:
In the history of Formula 1, he will be remembered on a par with names like Colin Chapman and Enzo Ferrari as people who defined what an F1 constructor is.

R.I.P., Sir Frank, and well done. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Jericoke:
In many ways Frank WAS Formula One to me.  I started watching F1 when Villeneuve joined Williams.  I was immediately taken by Frank's story.  Developing his own team to compete with larger corporate teams.  Dealing with his accident by dedicating himself to the sport.  Making the team into a family business, though finally selling when it was clear deeper pockets were best for the team.  Even the stories of fights with Patrick Head and Adrian Newey are part of F1 legend.

RIP to Sir Frank.  Condolences to his family, friends, and all the people he has touched.

John S:
So sad to lose such an Icon of F1, he was a true giant amongst the team owners that have come and gone over the years.

F1 never stands still and there's a whole new cohort of team chiefs, which is as it should be, but we may never see his like again.

R.I.P Sir Frank, heartfelt condolences to your family and friends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version