Fun Stuff > F1 Grid Game

Saudi Arabia

(1/2) > >>

Dare:
It seems there was a one hour mistake in the starting
deadline for Qualifying. I apologize it was a honest mistake
and no I wasn't trying to rig the GG as a pm suggested. All the
person had to do was pm either Wiz or me with his pick.

Wizzo:
Dare you do an exceptional job of running the Grid Game.

Human error happens and with the changes in F1 and the time differences I am surprised this does not happen more often. I am sure that most of the players of the Grid Game can appreciate that this website is provided free of charge and the Grid Game prizes cost me personally hundreds of pounds every year.

Dare provides his time, administrating the Grid Game, moderating it, paying attention to any changes in the F1 calendar and scoring every single race. Again, all this is provided for the benefit of the members by Dare - free of charge.

The Race Entry page states quite clearly "If you cannot access GPWizard or you know you will not be able to place your picks then we will accept your predictions via PM to Dare or email to info@gpwizard.co.uk at any time before the relevant deadline." A simple PM stating that the time appears to be wrong, here is my pole predication would have sufficed. Accusing the site of being rigged is just plain rude and unacceptable.

I can see that two other players missed the pole prediction and this may or may not of been due to the time being incorrect. In fairness to every player I am changing every players pole prediction to Hamilton.

Thank you Dare for your continued support and efforts in running the Grid Game for us all.

Wiz 

John S:
Have to admit I found it strange that pole pick was shut early, however I just kicked myself for not getting a banker in on the day before and carried on entering the rest of my picks. After all our choices are a gamble, and I'm wrong as often as right.

Never for one minute did I think anything untoward was afoot, I subscribe to c*ck-up over conspiracy as a default. This is not meant as a dis to Dare but rather to compliment him on his unbiased honesty and tireless efforts to keep the GG running.  :good:

Big thanks too Wizzo, your GPWizard GG is probably one of the friendliest and easy to access on the web.  :yahoo:

Andy B:
I never noticed!
I always try to get mine done early and being in NZ we are time wise ahead of everyone so if I miss it I miss it by hours.
Well Done Dare and Wizzo for the GG it enhances the racing and keeps us interested.
I must contribute too.

cosworth151:
I filled out my banker on Friday, got called away & apparently forgot to hit send.  :confused:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version