<< < (2/7) > >>

Dare:
Another race that showed me if you don't have the
superior car your just a racing mortal

And it showed me Mick won't be around long if he
doesn't stop destroying his car. Maybe greatness skipped a
generation

rmassart:

--- Quote from: Monty on May 29, 2022, 05:52:29 PM ---I will not miss Monaco if it goes

--- End quote ---

Me too, I no longer see the point in this race. I fully get the history and so on, but it's called race track for a reason and I can't remember the last time there was a meaningful overtake at Monaco. By which I mean deciding at least a podium position.

As for the race, we once again saw why Ferrari will not be champions this year. Normally over the rough and tumble of a season you win some and lose some decisions. I think so far Ferrari keep losing them!

Willy:
F1 TV in-car shot sure looked like a line cross and they also talked about Checo doing the same thing as he came out.

Ferarri certainly pooched Leclerc's race by not bring him in for Inters as soon as Perez pitted. They screwed his race at that point.
Monaco always delivers some drama as it is so tight and almost impossible to pass. Ask Lewis as he watched the rear end of Alonso's car for most of the last parts of the race.
The Red Bulls were flawless and did not take a mis-step.
Other then the Ferarri statigy mistake the rest of the field were also-rans as usual.

John S:

--- Quote from: Willy on May 29, 2022, 08:37:48 PM ---F1 TV in-car shot sure looked like a line cross and they also talked about Checo doing the same thing as he came out.

--- End quote ---

Guess it's like Footy, Monty, on the line is ok - Over the line is out of play..... or Goal!

Alianora La Canta:
I saw both Red Bulls cross the line and am disappointed that such a clear rules breach was dismissed. That was the mis-step that would have lost the race had the rules been correctly applied.

It's bad enough that Charles lost a win due to problems with his own team, but losing the podium because of bad stewarding stings.

I saw lots of overtaking though, and lots of challenge. Monaco is an important race in the calendar as it stretches teams' and drivers' skill in different directions to other venues, and F1 should stop playing hardball about TV (which in my view would result in Monaco having worse coverage) and race fees (a more reasonable demand but I'm not sure how F1's going to get all the races it wants if it starts dropping them the rate it's losing them...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version