F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Canada 2022 Heroes and Zeroes

<< < (2/2)

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on June 24, 2022, 08:13:28 AM ---I think it's pretty clear that barring acts of God Max and R/B are going to cruise to another title. Unfortunately.

--- End quote ---

This is actually the biggest benefit of the 'Drive to Survive' aspect of Formula One.  We get to know more than the championship contenders, and understand there are stories, triumphs and tragedies up and down the grid.  I do feel like the broadcasters have leaned into that, giving us more 'down field' coverage than we have in the past.  (I'm sure that British broadcasters no longer having a Briton fighting for wins affects that too)

Obviously winning the race is still the paramount concern, but if they can get us to care about 10th place just as much, that's good for spectators, right?

Dare:
Funny when Lewis was cruising to his titles in boring
seasons everyone loved it.

lkjohnson1950:
Well I always pulled for anybody who was close to him, except Max. I just don't like Max and find Lewis, for all his faults, to be a more likeable person. My personal favorite is still Daniel but I'm warming to LeClerc.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on June 29, 2022, 06:57:38 AM ---Well I always pulled for anybody who was close to him, except Max. I just don't like Max and find Lewis, for all his faults, to be a more likeable person. My personal favorite is still Daniel but I'm warming to LeClerc.

--- End quote ---

Never been a fan of Max, but I've been putting him in 'hero' category because of his driving.  However until he denounces Nelson Piquet's recently publicized comments on Hamilton, I won't be putting him in that category again.

LeClerc is interesting to me.  I like him, he seems like a good kid and a skilled driver.  He seems to straddle the line of 'aw shucks, I'm just happy to be here' and 'I was born to be an F1 champion'.  I suppose most F1 drivers, deep down, believe they should be champion, you really can't get to the sport without that attitude, but LeClerc seems a little more 'silver spoon' about it.  Still, seems like a good guy who appreciates his place in F1.  I don't ever want to see Ferrari win, but if it's LeClerc, that's not so bad  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version