F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Liberty Wants Spa to "Americanize"

<< < (2/6) > >>

Willy:
Spa needs to tell Liberty Media to shove it up their collective $%^.
Spa is a historical track that hosts many other events besides the weekend that is F1 and does not need F1 to survive.

Liberty is following the American business model which has created the shitshow we all know as America today.
Nobody outside of the USA wants that business model or prevailing point of view anywhere near themselves.

cosworth151:
That's why, with 2 or 3 exceptions, I don't even bother looking at the listing for the commercial broadcast TV networks over here. I really have no interest in watching "celebrities" that, for the most part, I've never heard of.

On the bright side, maybe they can take tip from American minor league baseball. How about F1 races having Quarter Beer Nite or Dime a Dog Nite? (that's 25 cent beer & 10 cent hot dogs)

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Willy on June 26, 2022, 02:28:19 PM ---Spa needs to tell Liberty Media to shove it up their collective $%^.
Spa is a historical track that hosts many other events besides the weekend that is F1 and does not need F1 to survive.

Liberty is following the American business model which has created the shitshow we all know as America today.
Nobody outside of the USA wants that business model or prevailing point of view anywhere near themselves.

--- End quote ---

Way to go Willy!

Jericoke:
The main think holding F1 'back' in America is the time zones.  If you're an F1 fan, you'll make the time on Sunday morning to watch the race.  If you're not a fan, you're not likely to casually tune it.

If you want people to tune in, you need to make it 'event TV'.  As coveted as the American audience is, it's not worth giving up the larger European audience though.

I do like the general idea of a 'young guns' race though.  Maybe not a whole race weekend, but perhaps a sprint (and why not include that in the WCC points?)  It would make sense to make that a European race, so that shipping in extra cars/parts wouldn't be as difficult, but it seems very unlikely that having a bunch of 'nobodies' racing at 8 AM on Sunday is going to get Americans to tune in. Maybe install lights an run a rookie night race at Spa?

Dare:
America includes Canada and Mexico.  North America

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version