F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

French GP hero's and 0's

<< < (2/3) > >>

cosworth151:
Remember that K-Mag would have started up about P5 if not for the engine penalty. He made it from P20 to P13 by the end of the first lap. The timing of the 1st Safety Car really hurt them. Then Zhou took K-Mag out. Also, remember what Haas's major upgrade for the race was - Their Gurney Flap was twice as tall as it was at the last race.

lkjohnson1950:
Don't know if anyone else caught it but on F1 TV International LeClerc was screaming about the throttle on the first radio message after the crash. Did he have a problem similar to Austria and was he told to shut up and take one for the team? I'm not a fan of fly by wire systems.

Monty:
The official line was that the throttle position comment from Charles related to him trying to initiate the reverse gear procedure. I would say the timing seems to confirm this.

Alianora La Canta:
Agreed, though I'm not sure it changes much once all is said and sifted - the throttle's not meant to break under an impact of that size.

John S:

--- Quote from: Alianora La Canta on July 28, 2022, 07:03:40 PM ---Agreed, though I'm not sure it changes much once all is said and sifted - the throttle's not meant to break under an impact of that size.

--- End quote ---

Oh and of course LeClerc's not meant to load test that part like that in the race either.  :P  :DD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version