collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 566
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Domenicali's frustrations at teams blocking more F1 Sprint races bubbles up  (Read 1410 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Stefano seems intent on being as devious and slippery as Bernie ever was with the sh*t storm he has created by claiming all F1 sessions, save FP1, should attract points.  :crazy: :fool:

IMHO this stupidity should be treated with guffaws all round Stefano, it's clearly a smokescreen to try to drive more acceptance of extra Sprint races.  :P 

After stirring your 'Witches Brew' pot in the full glare of international media ahead of Spa w/e I hope this is regarded by all and sundry much like Bernie's comments, years back, about artificially creating wet races.  :D

https://www.pitpass.com/73378/An-end-to-point-less-practice-sessions
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 04:06:00 PM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Jericoke

As a long time F1 fan, I don't feel like the weekend is 'broken'.  Yes, the practice sessions aren't as interesting as the race.  Nor is the drive to the track, the waiting in line for porta potties or watching the stewards get into position around the circuit.  if you only want to watch the race, then just watch the race.  Honestly, I don't have the time to watch 27 hours of F1 coverage per weekend, and if it all becomes 'required' watching, I might not watch any of it.

HOWEVER

I sort of like the idea of F1 teams showing up without any sort of practice and just racing.  We all know that bulletproof reliability is what makes the sport dull, and bulletproof reliability is what practice gives us.  Turning the engine on for the first time all weekend for Q1 and hoping you've got everything right will make the sport FAR more intense.  Especially if it has to last Q1, Q2, Q3, a sprint and a race.  No idea if the aero is right.  No idea what the tire 'activation' is really like.  No idea which kerbs can be taken full speed and which need to be respected.

Offline Alianora La Canta

It's clearly a smokescreen to get more money off that crypto sponsor. Given the damage sprint races have done to their accompanying Sunday races, I'd rather a removed practice session be replaced with literally nothing than with more sprint races.

A lot of the public are no longer fooled and I think teams are aware of this.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Andy B

Practice sessions used to be interesting especially the Sunday morning one!
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Online Jericoke

Practice sessions used to be interesting especially the Sunday morning one!

I miss when the cars that ran qualifying were only vaguely the same car that ran the race.  Gave some variety between sessions.  Having the cars locked down is boring to me.

Offline lkjohnson1950

I'm with you on that one Jeri. Get rid of Parque Ferme and the races will get more interesting.
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

The only thing that would make sprint races practical would be the return of T cars. That's the only way to prevent a team being stuck with a hastily rebuilt car for the race. The problem then becomes the dent the T car would make in the budget cap.

I do miss seeing the reserve drivers on track in the T cars for FP1 & 2
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle