Everything Else > General Automotive

Ken Block

(1/1)

lkjohnson1950:
Ken Block, whose Hoonigan videos have often found their way onto this forum, died yesterday in a snowmobile accident in Utah.

https://www.espn.com/racing/story/_/id/35368528/action-sports-legend-ken-block-dies-snowmobile-accident

Jericoke:
Canadian news in the winter is littered with stories about snowmobile accidents.  People don't give these machines the respect they deserve.

I'm sure that Ken Block was operating his following all precautions, but they're so much more unpredictable than cars or motorcycles, or anything that runs on smooth solid pavement instead of shifting, slippery, hidden snow.

John S:
Another sad end for an adrenaline junkie, guess for some its their destiny to burn out younger than face the perils of old age like the rest of us.

R.I.P. Ken you gave us some real good Gymkhanas.

cosworth151:

--- Quote from: John S on January 04, 2023, 02:16:41 PM ---Another sad end for an adrenaline junkie, guess for some its their destiny to burn out younger than face the perils of old age like the rest of us.

--- End quote ---

Like the old saying goes: There are only 2 ways to die - sick or sudden. I know which I'd prefer.

R.I.P., Ken. Well driven.

lkjohnson1950:
My Aunt Eleanor was an avid snowmobiler. After years of weekend adventures, she crashed going over an embankment. She suffered a broken hip. What followed was years of surgery, allergic reactions, bone grafts, incisions that wouldn't heal, and general misery. Needless to say she never got on another snowmobile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version