F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

Hamilton and Physiotherapist Cullen part ways

(1/2) > >>

Jericoke:
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.hamilton-announces-split-from-long-time-trainer-and-physio-angela-cullen.40sZffkgcPNaQR5Q3KEOgA.html

Angela Cullen (the blonde woman always at Hamilton's side on race weekends) and Hamilton have announced they are parting ways.

I feel like she's been a big part of Hamilton's success, making sure he takes care of himself as a peak athlete.  I don't know how common it was to have a physiotherapist by your side for a top athlete before their partnership formed, but it's much more common now.

I wish her well, and hope that she continues to be a positive force.

cosworth151:
It certainly sounds like it's an amicable parting. Good luck, Angie!

Dare:
I'd like to know what happened? Seems odd to leave after1 race.

John S:
Seems from Toto's comments Lewis may have asked for parting of the ways, maybe not quite so amicable all round then.  :confused:

Toto at F1 press conference in Jeddah, yesterday -

"Angela was part of the game for a long time. I think in every team whether that is closed circle or also wider group, this is not a starting situation you can freeze.

We all develop as people and as an organization, if things don't work out anymore then we need to be honest about it. Then bring change.

Angela has, and always will be a mascot of the team. If this is what he decides, then we will always support him in whatever direction he wants to take."

Dare:
John maybe lewis needs someone to blame because
he isn't winning

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version