collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 484
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hands up who wants F1 Las Vegas GP entry ticket with no track views.  (Read 2035 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Yup for under $500 (probably just under) you can be part of this year's Las Vegas F1 race whilst never catching sight of cars in the flesh so to speak.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

And here in Britain we thought a few hundred quid for general weekend admission to roam the entire track at Silverstone and pick from different close to track viewing points between myriad grandstands was expensive.  :swoon:

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/190978/las-vegas-madness-continues-general-admission-tickets-with-no-view.html
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 03:46:33 PM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Hands up who wants F1 Las Vegas GP entry ticket with no track views.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023, 03:52:13 PM »
Anybody need more proof that Liberty thinks the actual racing is only a minor sideshow of an F1 weekend?

On the other hand, there probably won't be much real racing to watch anyway.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Willy

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023, 06:33:31 PM »
Right.....cars ripping down the strip one way, turning around, and ripping back the other, with a few variations thrown in.
And at night so all the garish neon can be shown in every camera view all the time.
Yah, I've been to Vegas....you could pay me enough to go back.
And a sh*t-ton of money for seats to this disaster.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2023, 06:00:21 PM »
It's not uncommon to have large watching parties of far off sporting events, so what's wrong with coming to a race you can't afford to watch and watch it with other people who can't afford to watch it? BUT you get the atmosphere of being at an F1 event.  I assume a screen will be available just like most seats with a 'view' watch most of the race on a screen anyway.

Bottom line though, if Liberty has found a way to get people to fund F1 so I can watch it on TV every week or so, I'm okay with that.

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 07:34:26 PM »
I live where the Kentucky Derby is run. Been to it
twice and never saw a horse.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023, 08:28:40 PM »

Ah but did it cost you nearly $500 for that privilege Dare?  :tease:

Oh and of course the Beer tent is a good place to hunker down at a local Donkey Derby.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 12:22:25 AM »

Ah but did it cost you nearly $500 for that privilege Dare?  :tease:

Oh and of course the Beer tent is a good place to hunker down at a local Donkey Derby.  :D

Actually I haven't touched Beefeater Gin since and for horse racing
fans Secretariat won that day
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline rmassart

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 06:35:56 AM »
It's not uncommon to have large watching parties of far off sporting events, so what's wrong with coming to a race you can't afford to watch and watch it with other people who can't afford to watch it? BUT you get the atmosphere of being at an F1 event.  I assume a screen will be available just like most seats with a 'view' watch most of the race on a screen anyway.

Bottom line though, if Liberty has found a way to get people to fund F1 so I can watch it on TV every week or so, I'm okay with that.

Personally, if I travel to a venue (with travel expenses and possibly exaggerated  hotel costs in the area) and then pay to get in, the atmosphere is secondary to the race. I am there to watch the race, of course I hope the atmosphere is good, but it's the racing I am there for. 

If I want to watch it with a few like minded people on the cheap, I can get into the local pub for free...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2023, 06:04:08 AM »
In the UK, this would be illegal unless the ticket was free. When Formula E tried a similar concept, it had to offer a viewing gallery of a small piece of straight that was expected to be boring (until the race actually happened and there was a big crash involving local driver Sam Bird on lap 1). This allowed the tickets to be sold generally on an explicit "limited view" basis. (Note that no seating and only limited standing was available at any given moment - it was expected most people would in fact watch the race from the giant screens).

It used to be a thing in the late 1990s at pop concerts, where some of the cheap seats didn't have a meaningful view of the stage). Now, anywhere with less than a certain amount of view has to be specifically advertised as "Limited view" and some positions (e.g. right behind a pillar) cannot be sold at all, except in situations where an accessibility defence can be demonstrated (for example, a blind concert-goer might not care about the view but might prefer a seat where it is possible to get into/out of the seat without climbing over anyone, and that person can be sold a ticket at the same price as nearby seats). Note that none of these restrictions apply to free tickets, but that Liberty isn't likely to reserve an entire section to, say, schoolchildren or keyworkers on freebie tickets.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle