F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Good sense prevails for once in F1 Sprint w/e changes

(1/2) > >>

John S:
GP race Quali goes back to Saturday afternoon on Sprint weekends.  :yahoo:

Sprint Quali to Friday 2nd session and Sprint race First session Saturday.  :good:

https://f1i.com/news/498915-f1-sprint-format-revamp-confirmed-for-2024.html

Jericoke:
Some interesting changes. Means I probably won't be watching the sprints live but I like the idea that teams can make changes after running the sprint race

I also like that teams are allowed more components without penalty.  They still have to pay for them in a cap era which should be punishment enough.

I know that there are debates on DRS but anything that can stop a dominant car from running away early works for me. Especially since we've seen some genuine tactical and strategic. Driving vis a vie the drs the last couple years, both in terms od giving up position to fight back (i.e. more passing) as well as controlling drs range to competitors to make their lives more difficult

rmassart:

--- Quote from: Jericoke on February 05, 2024, 10:02:40 PM ---I also like that teams are allowed more components without penalty.  They still have to pay for them in a cap era which should be punishment enough.

--- End quote ---

I actually think they should get rid of all the cost cutting regulations, except the cap. That should do the trick. Let the teams decide on which and how many components to spend their cash.

Andy B:
Only one option for the sprint races and that's to dump them I'd also like to see more innovation but that cannot happen with so many rules and a cost cap.

cosworth151:
I'm still not sold on the idea of Sprint races but this is a big improvement over last season.

As far as innovation, F1 seems to outlaw any innovations as soon as they hit the track.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version