F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Possible Problems with Las Vegas F1 Contract

(1/2) > >>

cosworth151:
A county commissioner in Las Vegas claims that Clark County (where Vegas is) never signed off on the contract for the F1 weekend there. He says only the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority signed it.

"A lot of stuff happened, and I haven’t met anybody that likes Formula 1. So it’s time to kind of find out,” says Clark County (Nev.) Commissioner Tick Segerblom. It will be brought up at the next meeting of the Commissioners.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a46872243/possible-contract-snafu-f1-las-vegas-grand-prix/

Jericoke:
Obviously contract law is complicated, and can certainly derail this whole thing.

I assume that the costs sunk into the race might convince enough people that going ahead is cheaper even if it's not 100% 'legal'

lkjohnson1950:
Never underestimate the ability of American politicians to gum up the works. If they revoke the contract for legal reasons it could tie it up in court long enough to stop the race anyway. And that's assuming someone wants to spend the money necessary to take it to court. If the Board acts against the race, I foresee a long, tangled messy legal battle, or the race gets summarily dumped.

Willy:
Sounds like Liberty will be doing some "palm greasing" as they say.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Willy on February 22, 2024, 03:06:43 PM ---Sounds like Liberty will be doing some "palm greasing" as they say.

--- End quote ---

GM should get involved, suggest the race get blocked unless Andretti is allowed into F1!  (Sure, this just makes everything a bigger mess, but it would be a lie to say I don't find the drama between billionaires entertaining)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version