F1 News & Discussions > F1 History

F1 Engine Sounds through the Ages (V12 V10 V8 V6)

(1/1)

John S:
Is some of this sheer cacophony the missing ingredient in current F1?  :D   

WARNING LOUD NOISE!  :yahoo:

Jericoke:
I stand by my observation from the 2015 Canadian Grand Prix that being able to actually talk to the people around you during the race makes it a much better live experience.

Sure, the first time the monster engines fire up is an absolutely visceral thing to feel, but it's not sustainable entertainment for 3 days.  (And if it is, just go to a construction site.  Much cheaper)

lkjohnson1950:
He mislabeled some of the early clips, but engine noise is music to the ears of racing nuts.

cosworth151:
My favorites are the ones with multiple engine layouts. That's one of the things I like about GT racing, being able to guess what car is coming by its sound.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: cosworth151 on March 09, 2024, 04:21:22 PM ---My favorites are the ones with multiple engine layouts. That's one of the things I like about GT racing, being able to guess what car is coming by its sound.

--- End quote ---

100% this.  We've got spending caps.  We've got development limits, parts counting.  Let the teams go crazy and make whatever engine they want, as long as it meets whatever 'green' goals F1 has.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version