F1 News & Discussions > F1 Drivers

A Max quote

(1/2) > >>

Dare:
At least for now he knows he helped make him a multi
millionaire and shows some loyalty

Max was asked if he will stay with RedBull until end of his contract:
“Of course, that has always been the intention of the signing. That's why we signed for so long to be here. And, of course, it's about the performance of the car. And, of course, from 2026, anyway, that's a question mark with the new regulations, but I knew that when I signed my contract."
"But I also know what they've done for me in my career, right? So, of course, the intention is absolutely to stay with this team because I really enjoy it and I'm also very happy within the team. And in the meantime, there's no reason to leave."

John S:
Let's face it where else could a triple World Champ go if he wants to stay in WDC contention?  :DntKnw:

Now we get the scenario that Helmut is under scrutiny and Max is even more forthright in defending him than ever he was about Christian. However it's easy to jump to his mentors defence, much harder to give up your top seat & all the trappings & winning potential.

When push comes to shove all drivers will try their upmost to be in the most competitive car, best chance of winning is what they all strive for.   

Dare:
I guess it al depends which team is the most successful
with the new rules change? Marko leaves him a way to
switch to the team that got it right

Jericoke:
This whole farce is giving Max an opportunity to show how he's matured.  He's certainly saying the right things.

However, hitching is wagon to Jos would take him down a notch in my books.  Yes, it's important to do right by family, but Lewis Hamilton's dad, Anthony, did as much, if not more, as Jos to get Lewis into F1, and Hamilton still understood when it was time for them to take a step apart.

Further, backing Marko feels like taking a step back.  I get that Marko was a big part of getting Max where he is today, but once again, Hamilton owed more to Ron Dennis, and still understood when that relationship had run its course.  Maybe Marko is one of those people who does all the right things behind the scenes and just has no idea how to navigate modern media.  Good for him.  At this point Max needs someone who knows how navigate modern media more than he needs someone to open doors behind the scenes.

Final thought though:  I feel like Max is like Kimi (blasphemy?!  Let me finish).  He loves to race, and he enjoys being in F1, but he's not going to hang on tooth and nail to win championships if it isn't fun.  He'll race for other teams if they let him do what he wants.  He'll race in other series just for the challenge.  He's not out to break records, he just wants to live his life.

Robem64:
Rumour mill is in overdrive

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull-max-verstappen-to-mercedes-done-deal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version