F1 News & Discussions > F1 Teams

Sargeant gets Albon's wrecked tub.

(1/1)

cosworth151:
Williams gave Logan Sargeant the patched up tub of the car that Albon wiped out. Could this be why Logan crashed out in FP1?

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-1/a60394293/williams-gives-american-f1-logan-sargeant-2-treatment/

I sincerely hope there is an investigation into whether the wrecked tub was safe. I've been a Williams fan for decades, but I don't know for how much longer.

Jericoke:
Part of what Williams' struggle shows is how the cost cap isn't the 'magic bullet' to make the sport more interesting.

When Williams was struggling for cash, sure they were left behind by deep pocketed organizations.  Now that Williams has cash to burn, they can't spend it, and teams that entered the cap with efficient management structures hit the cap era running, and teams that struggled, continue to struggle. Williams isn't spending efficiently, and choosing between fixing their processes and actually building a car... they can't really do either.

Williams was easier to 'love' when they were one of the last Garistas and not just another line on some venture capital spreadsheet.  That said, I'm still pulling for them.  They can't get it wrong all the time forever... can they?

As for Sargent getting the 'bad' chassis, and then mucking it up... the poor guy is very much in a no win situation.  He needs to be on the edge to make an impression, but he's got no idea where the edge is, and no opportunity to find it.  I agree with Williams putting all their eggs in the Albon basket, but I feel like they 'owe' Sargent because of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version