F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Ted Toleman founder of F1 team has died at the age of 86.

(1/2) > >>

John S:
R.I.P. Ted, you put your money on the line and brought us good cheer & racing with your underdog Toleman F1 team in the 1980s.
You helped launch quite a few drivers into F1 and I'm sure they all salute you as do I.   

https://racingnews365.com/owner-of-historic-f1-team-passes-away

Andy B:
R.I.P. Ted that's a pretty good innings!

cosworth151:
R.I.P., Ted. You will be missed.

When we ask about where new drivers are going to find seats, I think of how many future greats started at teams like Tolman, Hesketh, Minardi and the like. F1 was also much more fun with the garagistes in the mix.

John S:

--- Quote from: cosworth151 on April 12, 2024, 05:32:11 PM ---R.I.P., Ted. You will be missed.

When we ask about where new drivers are going to find seats, I think of how many future greats started at teams like Tolman, Hesketh, Minardi and the like. F1 was also much more fun with the garagistes in the mix.

--- End quote ---

Ironically it was winning the Formula 2 championship that gave Toleman the idea and leg up to try his luck in F1.

I say ironically as in last few days we have learnt that the highly successful Prema Formula 2 stalwarts have had to look over the pond to Indy cars to get higher up the motorsport ladder.  :crazy:

Now with liberty closed shop there's almost no chance of F2 teams having a go in F1, even if they've supplied almost all the next generation of drivers to the F1 grid.

Dare:

--- Quote from: John S on April 12, 2024, 05:54:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: cosworth151 on April 12, 2024, 05:32:11 PM ---R.I.P., Ted. You will be missed.

--- End quote ---

Ironically it was winning the Formula 2 championship that gave Toleman the idea and leg up to try his luck in F1.

I say ironically as in last few days we have learnt that the highly successful Prema Formula 2 stalwarts have had to look over the pond to Indy cars to get higher up the motorsport ladder.  :crazy:

Now with liberty closed shop there's almost no chance of F2 teams having a go in F1, even if they've supplied almost all the next generation of drivers to the F1 grid.

--- End quote ---

I wonder who the last F1 friver was that came from a family without money. I'd say Lewis  and Fisichella is all I can remember

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version