F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

I'm loosing interest!

<< < (3/3)

John S:

--- Quote from: cosworth151 on April 17, 2024, 03:49:52 PM ---I didn't mean that there is actual transfer, just that the FIA claimed there is to justify the move to the turbo mini-motor hybrids.

--- End quote ---

More likely it was the OEM engine manufacturers that pushed FIA into the turbo mini-motor hybrids in the first place Cossie, and poor darlings had to come up with a BS explanation for the move.

Remember back in early part of this century all the save the planet initiatives started in earnest with Hybrid or smaller turbo charged car engines all coming to the fore. OEMs were all on the hook from public & politicians to reduce fuel consumption, or go electric.  ::)
2014 V6 hybrids with MGU-K MGU-H in place of V8/V10 gas guzzlers were the gold standard they came up with. We all know now of course that going Hydrogen instead would have been an even better Gold standard. 

The new 26 engines without MGU-H, and a much bigger battery pack, is solely down to Porsche & Audi, who claimed they can't understand why such a technology is used. Never mind that F1 has always been leading cutting edge technology and MGU-H completely wipes out any turbo lag with small battery requirement.

I reckon Audi/Porsche probably couldn't see a way of making MGU-H work on their engines, in a reasonable time frame - say 3/4years - although they claim it's about cost, so lobbied hard for it to be dropped.
Then when it is dropped blow me Porsche drops the ball and leaves the party.  :swoon:

Nah, for me it's bo**ocks to push road relevance argument, that ship sailed last century.

I suggest it's more about excellence of engineering and being placed high up grid that adds glamour & sales for Merc, Aston, McLaren, Ferrari & even Honda.
God knows what Renault/Alpine get out of it - answers on a postcard to Bruno Famin at Enstone.  :D :DD :DD :DD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version