Other Sports > Other Sports

Penske caught cheating

(1/2) > >>

lkjohnson1950:
Team Penske had two drivers disqualified from the Season Opening St Petersburg street race. Joseph Newgarden and Scott McLaughlin were disqualified for illegal use of Push to Pass. That system is IndyCar's version of DRS. Like DRS it is supposed to be deactivated during starts and restarts and there is software programmed to do that. It was discovered at the Long Beach GP that the Penske cars had illegal software which allowed it to be used during the start and restarts. Data logs showed Newgarden and McLaughlin had used it but Will Power had not. Power said simply, I know the rules so I wasn't pushing the button. He kept his race result, but was fined 10 points for having the illegal software onboard. Frankly I think it couldn't happen to a more deserving crew. I never liked Penske or most of his people.

https://www.racefans.net/2024/04/24/oward-handed-st-petersburg-victory-as-two-penskes-disqualified/

cosworth151:
I'm not surprised that Penske was cheating. I am surprised that he got the penalties he did since he now owns the IndyCar series. I am sorry to see that Newgarden was involved.

lkjohnson1950:
Something about Newgarden rubs me the wrong way. Can't quite put my finger on it. Will Power is the only one I'm familiar with on Team Penske that I like.

John S:
For me Penske has always been a win at any cost team, so not surprised.

I rate Scott McLaughlin, I liked him when he was in Aussie Supercars championship.

cosworth151:
I guess I've always had a soft spot for Newgarden because he was the last driver for Sarah Fisher Racing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version