collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 521
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Women Drivers!  (Read 3669 times)

Offline Wizzo

Women Drivers!
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:59:38 AM »

Ahhhhhh, all you people that thought this would be a rant about poor driving was wrong. This is about female Formula 1 drivers,(or the possibility of), and with the likes of Danica Patrick shooting up the field it may not be as far fetched as you think.

Last season Danica Patrick became the first woman to win Rookie of the Year in Indy Racing and the 24-year-old American's immediate priorities are to build on that success in 2006.

Among her growing list of achievements, Patrick became the first woman to lead the Indianapolis 500 last year, finishing the race fourth to enhance her reputation as the real deal.

"I think it's very flattering. I feel very lucky to have people talking about Formula One and to potentially have that as an opportunity," Patrick said in an interview.

Once "dead set" on racing in Formula One, Patrick, who got married last November, admits she is not yet ready for the punishing grind of the F1 circuit. "Maybe one day I'll want to have a big, beautiful place in Monaco. If I'm happy off-track, I do well on-track. Maybe it will work out with Formula One in the future."

There are thousands of Web sites dedicated to the photogenic Patrick, some racier than your average motorsport magazine  :o. She posed for FHM magazine in 2003 but drew the line when Playboy came knocking as her celebrity in the U.S. started to take off.

Further speculation about a future switch to Formula One is likely to gather momentum, however, if Patrick continues breaking records at her current rate.  :good:

Women in F1

Were she to eventually switch, Patrick would join a small but elite set of females who have plied their trade in the tough world of F1.

Only Italian Lella Lombardi met with any tangible success. Lombardi, who participated in 17 grands prix between 1974 and 1976, became the only woman point-scorer with a sixth-place finish at the 1975 Spanish Grand Prix.

What do you think about the possibility of women drivers in F1?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 02:03:50 PM by f1wizard »

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Wizzo

Re: Women Drivers!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 04:55:14 PM »

Women drivers in F1!!!!............oh go on then  ::)

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:38:45 AM »

See! Everyones talking about it now!

WOMEN race drivers are just as capable as men and should be encouraged to line up on the grid in the near future, David Coulthard said yesterday.

Coulthard said women had all the physical attributes needed to win at high speeds and even admitted that his younger sister, Lyndsay, was the "naturally" more talented driver of the two.  ::)

There are no female F1 drivers and less than 1 per cent of all racing drivers are women.

Last year, the F1 driver Jenson Button sparked a national controversy after claiming women were too grumpy to concentrate for long driving sessions  :fool:, that their breasts prohibited them from squeezing into small driving cockpits and that their menstrual cycle limited their season-long competitiveness.  :stop: 

Yesterday, Lyndsay Coulthard told The Scotsman: "I think David was a lot better than me, but the family say I was as good as him at the time. I did not have the dedication David had. I was more interested in running around with boys and having a good time."

Her brother believes that had she stuck with it, Lyndsay could have rivalled top drivers. Danica Patrick, the American driver who finished fourth in last year's Indianapolis 500 and has been linked with a move to the Grand Prix circuit, is currently the most prominent female motor racer.

His statement was welcomed by a spokeswoman for the Women's Sports Foundation UK, who said: "There is no reason why women can't compete in motor sports. It is social barriers, not biological ones, preventing them from excelling."

Thoughts?

Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 07:17:28 PM »
Well Wizard, I think Jenson's got his facts all arse about face. That girl in the picture you put up on this page came fourth in the Indy 500. Not bad is it. Most probably better than him!

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 09:09:19 PM »
Yup Neil.P, she probably did do better than Jensen could and she's better looking  Ian
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Paul5639

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 10:46:39 AM »
I agree with Jenson Button

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 06:22:13 PM »

^^^ LOL  :DD

Wizzo

Offline jemma

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 11:12:50 AM »
I think Jenson is just scared of the competiton he would be up against.....!

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 01:39:02 PM »

Looking at your picture maybe he wouldn't be able to keep his eyes on the road!  :good:

Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 08:49:03 PM »
 :fool: down boy, heel
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle