F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Is he bigger than F1?

(1/2) > >>

Wizzo:
Formula 1 Supremo Bernie Ecclestone does not believe that the sport would suffer at all if Michael Schumacher leaves after 2006. This is what Bernie had to say about the possibility of Schumacher retiring ......."No driver, no person will ever be bigger than Formula 1 itself. It would take two or three races, then we'd have a new superstar."

Remind me of that old song......"Things can only get........?" Can't remember the words now  ;D

Is there someone to replace Schumacher? and would F1 suffer if/when he retires?

vanquish89:
Kimi's the next Schumi! No doubt about it!

Slugger:
Won't suffer if he goes. Only time that would ever happen is if it was a real character that left and he certainly isn't that ;)

sime:
New here just registered today so perhaps i should announce my bias's, i am tiafosi and have been since i first saw F1 at about 7.

But to be fair F1 wont suffer when Michael goes, ferrrari will but thats a different story.

My real hope is Ferrari sign Valentino Rossi, might not be as quick in a race as he is in testing but would sure as hell bring some much needed colour to the sport.

Wizzo:
Hi sime and a big warm welcome to F1 Wizard. Tifosi are more than welcome, it shows passion for a great sport and we value your opinion.  8)

I agree Rossi would be great for F1. Its good to see some of the younger drivers now coming up through the ranks but to have a MotoGP world champ would mean 'all eyes' on the sport and thats got to be good news.

Do you think Rossi could pull off a F1 championship in his first year? Remember Mansell going to Indycars in 1993? Anything could happen!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version