collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 260
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16169 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13008 Posts
John S John S
11290 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: What A Waste of Space  (Read 751 times)

davewilson

What A Waste of Space
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:35:15 PM »
Jenson Button was again left to reflect on his latest brush with misery to guarantee another point-less grand prix weekend.

Button was forced to settle for 12th at the Spanish Grand Prix at the Circuit de Catalunya.

But it could have been so much more if he had not collided with Honda team-mate Rubens Barrichello on lap 22 of the 65-lap race.

"We had a good strategy and had been working towards the race all weekend, so I think we were on target for a better day," assessed Button

"Unfortunately, as I exited the pit lane after my first stop I hit the kerb on the apex and that threw me off line.

"I lost my front wing as I touched the right rear of Rubens' car and I had to come back in for a nose change, and that was that in terms of fighting for a point."

The incident relegated Button to the back of the field, although he still managed to push on and equal his best result of the year.

Searching for positives, he added: "In the last stint I thought our pace was very similar to that of (Heikki) Kovalainen and (Nico) Rosberg which is what helped me to climb back up to 12th.

"Overall, I think we have had a slightly better weekend, but there is a lot of work ahead of us.

"We have to keep pushing in the test next week, and at the next race in Monaco, and hopefully that will pay dividends for a better step forward in Montreal."

Barrichello went on to claim the team's first top-10 finish of the season with 10th, yet was still left to lament problem areas with the car.

"It was a better race in terms of our overall performance and the handling of the car," said Barrichello, who claimed his coming together with Button was "just one of those racing incidents.

"But we just don't have the pace to improve our final position significantly.

"We have the four-day test at Paul Ricard next week and I hope we can see another small step forward by Monaco."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle