collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 271
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Dassas wants development  (Read 596 times)

davewilson

Dassas wants development
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:16:30 PM »
Renault F1 president Alain Dassas has set a high target for his struggling team, asking the struggling Enstone operation to aim for podium finishes before the end of the season.

After two years of title success, Dassas - like the rest of the squad - has had to reset his sights for 2007, as the R27 has proven less than competitive against new cars from McLaren and Ferrari. Indeed, the Anglo-French operation is also struggling to match BMW Sauber, which has stolen third place in the pecking order from the rest of the field, and finds itself embroiled in a midfield scrap with the likes of Red Bull and Williams.

"When I was made head of the team, I knew that we couldn't keep on winning for ever," he admitted to the team's website.

"I even thought that 2006 would be a less fruitful season than the previous one. Today, I'm trying to make my own contribution to solving the problems. It's when things aren't going well that you have to be present, listen to what's going on and get all the information.

"I'm showing that I'm backing the team and that we're unified"

Efforts in the build-up to the Spanish Grand Prix, which saw the cars of Heikki Kovalainen and Giancarlo Fisichella turn out with a substantial overhaul since the three 'flyaways' that opened the season, were rewarded with seventh place for the Finn, but Dassas admits that there is still a long way to go before he would consider the team a podium contender.

"We've seen a slight improvement, which is encouraging, and Heikki's race was also very positive, as it was very consistent," he reported after Barcelona.

"However, we ran into problems with our refuelling rigs, which obliged us to make three stops instead of the two initially scheduled, so we ended up in seventh and ninth places"

Despite the early season struggle, Dassas insists that the team remains positive that it will be able to make up ground on those ahead of it.

"Morale is good, that's for sure," he said. "The people from Viry and Enstone know that Formula One is made of highs and lows. They know how to handle fluctuations in competitiveness. The engineers are working hard to solve our problems, I can assure you.

"We have pinpointed the zones of the car that are of concern. Now all we have to do is to find, and apply, solutions to get us back on the right track.

"There's still work to be done. We need to be fighting for podium places by the end of the season, and to try and become the third quickest team. That's the minimum required.

"I'm fully confident and I know we're capable of achieving that. The car's improving at every race. There's obvious progress, although it's in small steps at the moment. We just need to accelerate that development."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle