collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 316
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Goodwood will be best ever  (Read 4803 times)

Offline Wizzo

Goodwood will be best ever
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:51:31 PM »

The Goodwood Festival of Speed is fast approaching and the organisers are promising that 2007 will be the festival's best year yet.

The event has a 'Spark of Genius - Breaking Records, Pushing Boundaries' theme and will focus on the men and women who have taken huge risks to achieve their motoring goals.

Officials from the festival are inviting all motor fans to get down to the event between June 22nd and 24th and here are a few reasons why.

The festival will play host to six of today's very best Formula One teams, with Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button attending alongside other stars of the track.

In addition, F1 legends such as Sir Jackie Stewart, Emerson Fittipaldi and Damon Hill will also be making an appearance.

Motorcycle racing will not be left out either, with the stars of today and yesterday on show alongside the bikes they rode to write themselves into the record books.

There is also the Junior Festival of Speed which means you don't have to worry about your young ones while enjoying over 300 vehicles and 100 racing heroes.

Goodwood organisers say that there are only a few tickets remaining for the festival so if you want to go, you had better get on with making your purchase.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

Re: Goodwood will be best ever
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 12:26:43 PM »
Some pretty good pictures starting on this page here-----> http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=133756&pn=3&ps=15&c=

Neil.P
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 12:28:55 PM by Neil.P »

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 03:05:42 PM »

Cool pictures Neil, I really wanted to go  :(
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »
Yeah some good ones there Wizard, I was suppsosed to go on the Friday but work got in the way!

Neil.P

Offline McNut5

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 04:44:44 PM »
Yes the FoS was very good again despite the heavy rain at 2.00 pm on Saturday. Poor old Button's lousy season continued as despite plenty of training and alledged course practices he could not win the charity bike race up the hill. In fact he was in last place at one point! He blamed his lack of success on too much body hair facial and legs! :yahoo:

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 04:53:15 PM »
Hi McNut5, glad you had a good day out. LOL at Jenson being last in the bike race. Yeah his fungus on his face is one of my favourite topics too :D

Did you take any pics yourself?

Neil.P

Offline f1box

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 06:20:52 PM »
for the first time in a number of years I attended Goodwood FoS (on Friday) as an attendee rather than trading there (will be back next year though!).

The range of cars in the paddock was absolutely awsome (I never get to cross over the bridge normally), and access to the drivers and machinery was as good as at any classic meeting.

I especially enjoyed watching the Lotus 98T going up the hill and the Hemi Under Glass Special do its rear wheel trickery!

David
"Racing is life ....... everything before and after is just waiting"

www.f1box.co.uk - independent motorsport memorabilia retailer

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 06:52:28 PM »
Hi David, yes it really is a good event, sounds like the Friday had a few incidents. Hope nobody got too badly hurt!
I'm always amazed that they manage to get the week before's Le Mans winning car to have a run up the hill!

Thanks
Neil.P

Offline Lynda

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 09:03:59 PM »
I only live around 12 miles away and wanted to go but I move house Tuesday so I've been busy packing all bloody weekend....one day............
I used to go to the time trials regularly at the motor circuit there of a Sunday afternoon. It was free and I could take the dogs along too for a mooch.
The weather was vile today, though, so it wouldn't have been much fun.

Love Lynda XX  :)

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »
Lynda, looks like the weather has got itself into a bit of a rut, hope it improves by next weekend, I wanna go to Brands Hatch >:D

Neil.P

Offline Lynda

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 09:49:19 PM »
I hope it improves by Tuesday when I move !!!!! It will be stressful enough without crap weather too !! So much for "flaming June" !

Love Lynda XX  :o

Offline Slugger

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 10:38:05 PM »
Went to Goodwood on Friday. Was really good, it was raining on the way down but stopped by the time we got there. Tried to rain a couple of times but most of the day it was sunny and hot. Got quite a few pics, coming up.....

Today we went to Oulton Park for the BTCC etc. Pics coming in a couple of days probably....

Offline Slugger

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 10:51:07 PM »
here's the goodwood pics

http://www.wkdsite.com/forum/index.php?automodule=gallery&req=sc&cat=8

you should be able to see them anyway

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 10:57:15 PM »
Hiya Sluggs, you got some good snaps there boyo, love the rally shots! :good:

Neil.P

Offline Lynda

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 08:22:59 AM »
Some cracking shots you got there and looks like you packed a lot in. Loved the fact you were right at the "airborne" part of the circuit-they were great shots !!

Love Lynda XX  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle