collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 587
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Button's girl makes the Earth car move  (Read 1192 times)

The Stig

Button's girl makes the Earth car move
« on: July 03, 2007, 07:38:32 PM »
A surprise contender has emerged for one of the many technical roles Honda are trying to fill. Her name is Florence Brudenell-Bruce, nicknamed Flee, kinswoman of the Earl of Cardigan and girlfriend of Jenson Button.

On the button: the tactically astute Florence Brudenell-Bruce 
A text from Flee before the race to her beloved read: "It is going to rain today. The strategy is vital." It did rain, and the strategy was vital. She's in. It was the prelude to as good a day as Button has had all year in Honda's Earth car. Eighth would not ordinarily float Button's boat. This has been no ordinary year.

For the first time in 2007 Button had a car beneath him that he liked. It showed with an assured drive that allowed him to trouble the old scoreboard for the first time this season.

"We hadn't moved forward that much in qualifying but in the race we showed we have good pace," Button said. "To finish six seconds behind the quickest Renault and not too far behind the BMWs is a good step forward and something we can build on for the future. I thought there was a possibility of a point but I didn't expect to be so close to those cars. It is a great result for us. That's what we needed."

With the British Grand Prix just seven days away, Honda could not have timed their effort better. Button has not enjoyed the fanfare at Silverstone that accompanied the careers of Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill - and next week Lewis Hamilton will be the love interest of a partisan crowd on his Silverstone debut.

advertisementNevertheless, yesterday was a Champagne moment of sorts and bodes well for the second half of the year. Button said: "This point was well-deserved for the whole team. It is a massive base to work on. I was 30 seconds behind Hamilton, who was third. That's not bad. Normally we are two laps and 30 seconds off him.

"Hopefully we can get the same sort of thing at Silverstone. It is not the point that's a relief. It's a relief to drive a car that feels good, and is consistent."

And the expert at your side, Jenson? "My missus sent me a text. It was very impressive. She said it is going to rain and the strategy is vital, which was pretty hilarious but she was right."

Offline Dare

Re: Button's girl makes the Earth car move
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 07:42:35 PM »
if only Button could pick his teams as well
as his women
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

The Stig

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 07:49:45 PM »
Yes dare,What she going to look like when she is FIFTY?

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 08:56:20 PM »
Bit skinny tho' ain't she
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 09:28:32 PM »

Put it this way Ian - I wouldn't climb over her to get to you!  :D
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 09:30:02 PM »
Thank God for small mercies Wizard
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle