collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 584
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Nigel Stepney accused of Sabotage  (Read 6788 times)

Offline johnbull

Re: Nigel Stepney accused of Sabotage
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 02:28:04 PM »
Hi John,
This is Rambler from the pitlane club. Is Oonga around ? :tease:
Hey quiet Rambler! You might give him / her ideas. :stop:

Pit lane admin gave GPWiz admin names of decent folk, not the rif raf! Thank goodness. I reckon OOnga had lots to do with the fall of pit lane, though I never did find out exactly what was going on.

Great that we have a new home though, and Mr. Admin please forgive an old man for going completely OT! ::)
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 03:50:47 PM »
It seems that the "white powder" rumour was largely the invention of the Italian press - Ferrari is hinting at the sale of plans and information to other teams instead.  To me, it seems extremely unlikely that Stepney has been involved in anything like such underhand dealings.  He was dissatisfied, yes, but that does not automatically turn him into an industrial spy.

I have seen it suggested that Ferrari are using the charges as a lever on Stepney to get him to agree to certain stipulations before he is allowed to leave.  Considering the length of time (at least a year) before the Italian legal system will get around to looking at the case, that looks fairly likely to me.  But I have to ask: if your employers threw a law suit at you and insisted on retaining you as an employee, how bound by any agreements would you feel after you had escaped?  It's a classic example of "how not handle your employees".  If the guy was genuinely involved in industrial espionage and it could be proved, the correct procedure would be to sack him immediately and consider legal proceedings afterwards.
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 04:25:23 PM »
I reckon it's just a case of Ferrari's standard obsession with finding a scapegoat.

Historically they go into hysterics when things aren't going quite according to plan. This is just a similar case. Ferrari are never wrong - remember what Nelson Piquet said.

They always need a scapegoat, and this time it's Nige Stepney.

It will be interesting what they'll come up with if Ross Brawn decides to go elsewhere.

Living next door to Italy I know the Italians well. I have many Italian friends and they are dear friends indeed, but having raced against them I know the feeling first hand, believe me. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 05:47:14 PM »
Ah, but you have to love those Italians.  So much entertainment value!   ;)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 08:50:23 PM »
I read something(I think in grandprix.com) that said under the Italian legal system the judiciary has to follow up any complaint made by anyone regardless if there isn't a shred of evidence to prove it.  This is one of the reasons that their legal system is slow.  So if I go into an Italian police station and say johnbull uses leopard bones for the chassis of JBR3 they will start an investigation that probably they will never look at again and the world's press will have headlines saying johnbull under investigation for using leopard bones in race car. 

There is absolutely nothing the victim of this can do apart from create such a lot of noise that the investigation goes ahead and they are cleared.

No leopards were harmed in the writing of this post.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 10:35:15 PM »
Steven, do you realise we are a family of animal lovers. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »
I've just read that Ferrari has announced that Nigel Stepney is "no longer an employee’ of Ferrari."

Through his lawyer, Stepneyhas denied any wrongdoing. He will return to Italy from the Philippines later this week. He is expected to hold a press conference at that time.

Cos
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 04:49:55 PM »
I'll bet that Stepney gets a job offer from Honda later today...  ;)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 04:55:56 PM »
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39875

According to itv-f1.com Gazetto dello Sport says that Ferrari has conducted its own investigation into the allegations against him(whatever they are) and he has been sacked.  LucaColajanni is quoted as saying the allegations relate to irregularities discovered at the Ferrari factory before Monaco.

The man went there turned round the team so it could attract Schumacher and co and when he is out of the country they stab him in the back.  Nice.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 04:58:10 PM »
I hope he lands somewhere better than Honda. I'd really like to see him at a team where he could stick it to Ferrari.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 05:06:16 PM »
I hope he lands somewhere better than Honda. I'd really like to see him at a team where he could stick it to Ferrari.

Don't believe in miracles, huh, Cozzie...?  ;)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 05:10:42 PM »

Of course I do - I was a Minardi fan! :yahoo:
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 05:17:43 PM »
The whole affair is so typically Italian. I know because I live next door and I spent 5 years racing in Italy regularly. Every time I won my car was protested. :yahoo:

Just one thing worries me. Stepney had better not step into Italy because Italian law being what it is, he could end up being arrested and thrown in. They throw you in first and discuss the details later ... in their own time.

Looking even further ahead and speculating further, Stepney and Brawn are both big buddies. Brawn just may be thinking it's not such a good idea to go back to Maranello after all.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2007, 05:33:53 PM »

Of course I do - I was a Minardi fan! :yahoo:

I still am!  Avanti Minardi!   :yahoo:

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 05:43:21 PM »
I saw somewhere today that Minardi won a Champ Car race.  Miracle indeed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle