collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 361
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: How good is Hamilton?  (Read 6621 times)

The Stig

Re: How good is Hamilton?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 10:08:19 PM »
What you are saying Roy,is if we were to put Jenson in the same package(McClaren Car) today he would not win or be as good as Lewis?

Offline Mike_Grimsby

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007, 10:17:09 PM »
If Button was in the second McLaren it is my belief that Alonso would be leading the drivers championship.
I was 'Mr Sensible'. Now I'm just plain old Mike :)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007, 10:32:45 PM »
I think Button is massively over-hyped.  In the junior formulae Lewis won every championship he entered Button won practically nothing.  I can't believe Honda wrote the cheque it did to get him out of the Williams contract. 

I think Alonso would love to have Button as a team mate because he would beat him easily. 

I saw an interesting quote from Lewis today.  He said he always wanted to race Schumacher 'but as soon as I get to F1 he bales out'.  It is almost like he is goading Schumacher to come back so that he can beat him.

FW14B

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007, 10:42:44 PM »
Well, I am hoping that Hamilton is confirmed for the Race of Champions this year as he will get that opportunity (as well as being able to race in equal equipment to Button). 

Offline johnbull

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 10:46:57 PM »
The ROC is always good, but this year should be special.

Shumi, Lewis, Heike K, Exstrom who won it last year, Loeb, Coulthard.

Got to be good. :good:
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 10:50:57 PM »
I've got my ticket booked for the event.  Can't wait to see it take place in Wembley Stadium.

The Stig

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007, 11:09:56 PM »
Wembley confirmed as '07 RoC host
The 2007 Race of Champions will take place at the new Wembley Stadium in England, event organisers have confirmed today.

The annual event, which sees drivers from various categories of motorsport go head to head for the title of Champion of Champions as well as for the Nations Cup, has been held at the Stade de France in Paris, France, for the last three years.

And as revealed already three months ago by Motorsport News, the organisers have now elected the London Wembley Stadium as the new hosting venue.

"I want to say a huge thank you to everyone at the Stade de France and the fantastic French fans for the three great years we have had here," commented Race of Champions organiser Fredrik Johnsson.

"For 2007, we have been talking to some of the world's most prestigious stadiums and I can tell you this evening that the 20th anniversary event will take place next year at the new Wembley Stadium in London, England.

"But we do hope to be able to come back here to Paris again some time in the future."

Wembley Stadium has been undergoing a massive makeover in recent years, and the historic venue is scheduled to reopen in May next year after several delays.

The stadium was first mentioned as a candidate for hosting the Race of Champions nearly two years ago,
Great Post LOcool

Offline Mike_Grimsby

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 02:27:03 PM »
I am very seriously considering attending this event.
I was 'Mr Sensible'. Now I'm just plain old Mike :)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »
Eurosport televises it each year. That's how I get to see it.

Always excellent value.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 09:40:14 PM »
I am very seriously considering attending this event.
]

If you are considering, I recommend going for it before it gets sold out.  The event always seems great fun on TV.

Offline markfarrell9572

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »
I've been going through old posts, have peoples opinions changed?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle