collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 539
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Who's your favorite driver  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Dare

Who's your favorite driver
« on: June 25, 2007, 03:25:11 AM »
Just give you a chance to say who your
favorite driver is.

I'll go first,Fisichella,so much promise when
he was younger unfullfilled :'(

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Who's your favorite driver
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 03:52:52 AM »
Of this year's batch, Mark Webber is my favorite.

I think Lewis will be the best, but Mark is still my favorite! :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 03:56:33 AM »
Of this year's batch, Mark Webber is my favorite.

I think Lewis will be the best, but Mark is still my favorite! :yahoo:

That really surprised me Cos,figured Romephius was
the only Webber fan,but then Rom may be a Kimi fan
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline romephius

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 04:59:18 AM »
Yes I am a Kimmi fan, but I also support Mark all the way.....Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

Rom

P.S. Welcome to all the newcomers

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 05:04:53 AM »
Yes I am a Kimmi fan, but I also support Mark all the way.....Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

Rom

P.S. Welcome to all the newcomers

Okay Romephius,but of the two which is
your favorite,just a little survey

Offline romephius

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 05:06:15 AM »
Patriotism wins out.......it's Mark Webber all the way.........a fast man who is never in the fast or reliable car......

Rom

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 05:07:55 AM »
Rom-

I didn't see Webber out of the car at Indy this year. I did get some good pix of him in the car. Check out #20 of the ones I just uploaded as soon as Wizard gets them up.  ;)

Cos
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 05:12:31 AM »
Patriotism wins out.......it's Mark Webber all the way.........a fast man who is never in the fast or reliable car......

Rom

Patriotism is nice Rom,but I'm not picking
Speed as my fav

Offline romephius

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 05:15:49 AM »
I am just lucky my driver is actually great at his job.......not just competent.....

:P

Rom

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 05:18:52 AM »
I am just lucky my driver is actually great at his job.......not just competent.....

:P

Rom

And Mark is a likable person,while I think
Speed may be an aquired taste

Offline romephius

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 07:48:43 AM »
You have some good taste there guys........Mark, like most Aussies are very likeable

Rom

Offline Lynda

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 08:09:54 AM »
Jenson Button now. It was Ayrton Senna, then Michael Schumacher first though.....

Love Lynda XX  :)

Offline rmassart

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 09:05:35 AM »
My first post, so here goes....

Never really liked Coulthard much, but I appreciate what he's giving to Red Bull at the moment. Othwerise I don't really have much of a favourite driver. I got into F1 at the age of 10 in the mid 80s (85 was my first season and from 86 to about 91 I didn't miss a race on TV). I don't know if it's just the age I was at the time or that things have changed but I think I started watching in a true golden age of F1. Mansell, Piquet, Prost and Senna. Have we ever had so many top drivers in top teams since then? I just find it hard to have any kind of affection for the current batch of drivers. None of them really show much passion in the way that Mansell or Senna used to. They are all too professional nowadays! I remember a photo of those 4 sitting on a wall published in Autosport. That's the classic photo of "my time" in F1.

As for the current batch of drivers. I'm hoping the Alonso v Hamilton battle will turn into something like Prost vs Senna. McLaren are certainly the right team for that to happen in.

I just want good racing nowadays....

Offline Darpholgshon

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 09:33:41 AM »
I've been a fan of Coulthard and followed his F1 career. Thrust into a drive seat  after the sad demise of Senna, he has consistently shown he is a clever driver and has won some excellent races. He is unfortunate not to have won the drivers title being the highest points scoring British driver ever, mainly due to the horrible reliabilty of the Mclaren during the late 90's and early 00's. Doing a solid job for Red Bull, may reap some rewards in the future.

Offline f1box

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 10:59:40 AM »
Have gone a bit beyond the stage of having 'favourites' just prefer to revel in watching sublime car control and close racing. There are too many very fine drivers who never get the chance to properly shine at the front of the grid (or even in the lower reaches of Formula one) to hang my hat on a particular guy.

Having said that I've been in the position to judge a number of drivers through having met them (if only briefly), so while having great admiration for their driving skill and ability there are some who I would mark down for being arrogant not the sort of person I could have respect for as a human being.

Of the current crop 'top blokes' are Coulthard, Wurz, Rosberg, Hamilton, Liuzzi ('cos my partner thinks he's 'to die for!'), Trulli ('cos my partner thinks he's even more 'to die for' lol! but would be prepared to keep me on as a bit on the side!), Kimi (mainly for inviting me into the back of the McLaren garage so the photos he was signing didn't get wet in the rain!), de la Rosa and not forgetting Marc Webber's dad (who is capable of talking the hind legs off a donkey!).

Driver's who I have no time for: Button (arrogant, full of his own self-importance), Montoya (treats fans like trash), Damon Hill (once heard saying to a group of fans wanting an autograph "I'll sign one piece only, you're all dealers" - when patently they weren't).

David
"Racing is life ....... everything before and after is just waiting"

www.f1box.co.uk - independent motorsport memorabilia retailer

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle