collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 382
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Pit Lane Members  (Read 19957 times)

Offline Dare

Pit Lane Members
« on: June 25, 2007, 03:38:40 AM »
Welcome to the site,hope you all find a
new home here and return for many visits :D

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Lynda

Re: Pit Lane Members
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 08:08:26 AM »
Thankyou very much. Hope to run into a few I know here and meet lots of new people too.

Love Lynda XX  :)

Offline f1box

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 09:02:50 AM »
Have been wandering aimlessly for the last month, maybe it's time to rest these weary feet!

David
"Racing is life ....... everything before and after is just waiting"

www.f1box.co.uk - independent motorsport memorabilia retailer

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 10:25:38 AM »

Welcome aboard guys and gals, I'm sure we are all going to have a lot of fun!

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 05:54:03 PM »
.oO(Well, well, other Pit Lane members...)

Hey there, old friends!   :D
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 09:37:20 PM »
Glad to have found a new forum.  There have been so many things I have wanted to post on since Pit Lane went down.  I hope the excitement doesn't stop now that I have somewhere to post.

I also hope or previous Admin comes and shares some of his opinions with us now that he doesn't need to referee.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 10:47:24 AM »
Glad to have found you lot again.

I got into a forum in desperation after Pit Lane shut down and it was a load of kids trying to outdo themselves with bad language.

Seeing who's in here from PL, I know this will be good.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline romephius

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 10:51:52 AM »
Welcome Johnbull and all the other new members....I hope you guys enjoy the lighthearted fun here at GPWizard, a great place for all things F1 and more.....

Hope you stay a while and join in.

Rom

Offline f1box

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 11:09:04 AM »
JohnBull!

So glad you joined up mate!

This site has a whole gallery just waiting for some of your racing pics!

David
"Racing is life ....... everything before and after is just waiting"

www.f1box.co.uk - independent motorsport memorabilia retailer

Offline raindancer

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 11:46:29 AM »
Hello Pit Lane Members, This is Rambler 117 now using the nick "raindancer". Good to be ground somewhere. GPWIZARD members, thanks for the invite. Hope to make it the best F1 forum ( if it is already not so)
Cheers
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline raindancer

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 12:15:10 PM »
Hi John, Lynda, Steven, F1 and all old pals. Good to see you all here. It was really sad to see the Pit Lane club go down. But to great be here folks.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 04:06:30 PM »
I got quite emotional seeing all you guys back here, and couldn't wait to get back to the office to get stuck in.

Like I said in an earlier post I have been subscribing to another forum in recent weeks but I missed the intelligent, informative discussion of Pit Lane. I hope Pit Lane admin is reading this and joins us here. I know you had some idiots trying to destroy you but you really should have stuck it out a bit longer.

Lots has happened since we were last in discussion, both in F1 and in our own racing. We got the Kawasaki ZX12R engined JBR3 finished and son Josh has taken part in 3 events. The first at Mellieha he snapped a drive shaft on the line in the first practice run. We replaced it and he got to the top all right on his 2nd practice run, and the same with the first of the timed runs. Despite being very gentle off the line and out of hairpins he was 6th overall and 2nd in class at that point - on the car's debut. He tried a bit harder on the last run and was 2nd overall at the 2nd split but broke another drive shaft a couple of corners from home.

The next round was a couple of weeks later at Xaghra Hill in Gozo - which is a smaller Island North of Malta. There the car was immediately on the pace. Josh was 3rd overall and leading his class - the present Malta Champ driving a 2 litre Alfa Romeo engined Dallara was quickest - after the 2nd practice run, held on to third improving his time on the 3rd run of the day, which was the 1st official run. Let me explain. We have 4 runs per day, an untimed practice, a timed practice, then 2 official runs of which the best time counts for the driver's result. He then improved again on the last run deposing a multiple National Champion driving a 2.2 litre Cosworth engined Chevron for 2nd overall, just 9/100ths of a second away from the overall win. We were all absolutely exstatic.

Then last weekend we were at a sprint meeting at Ta Qali and there Josh and the JBR3 were just brilliant. He was quickest throughout the day breaking his own lap record and taking great chunks out of it with every lap. This was his first overall win in only the car's 3rd outing.

That's a pretty emotional Josh in the middle, with cousin Matthew (my nephew) third overall driving a Suzuki GSXR 1200 engined Van Diemen, and young Zak (Matt's cousin) 2nd overall driving a 2.1 litre Cosworth engined F3 Ralt. Zak incidentally is just 18. Our answer to Lewis Hamilton ?
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 03:32:57 AM »
Well Pit Lane members,it's been a few
days since you joined us,what do you
think?

Hope everyone made you feel welcome
and you make this your new home
 :good:
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 04:44:52 AM »
Looks like you and the lads got the new car off to a proper start, johnbull! Good luck on the rest of the season. Hope you will keep us updated.

Cos
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline raindancer

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 06:03:03 AM »
Well Pit Lane members,it's been a few
days since you joined us,what do you
think?

Hope everyone made you feel welcome
and you make this your new home
 :good:

Been quite good Dare.