collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 361
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16143 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12983 Posts
John S John S
11253 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Pit Lane Members  (Read 19953 times)

Offline raindancer

Re: Pit Lane Members
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 02:34:52 PM »
Well Pit Lane members,it's been a few
days since you joined us,what do you
think?

Hope everyone made you feel welcome
and you make this your new home
 :good:

Been quite good Dare.

Raindancer,what part of India do you call home?

Hi Dare, I live in Hyderabad the capital of the State of Andhra Pradesh which is in South India. Hyderabad is a major I.T Hub and is the only place where Microsoft has a development Center outside of the U.S.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline raindancer

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 10:51:37 AM »
I quite like it here. However the interface is a little cluttered but otherwise quite cool. Actually great to see the serious Pit lane members out here. I guess the thing with Oonga was that he was opinionated and looked like he had a grouse with the Admin. Dark hints at sinister goings on were one of his more common refrain. Anyway, this place good. I haven't been active as much as I was in Pitlane here because I have been traveling and have had a packed schedule.
Hope to correct the situation soon.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Cam

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 11:48:18 AM »
Hello everyone,

Another Pitlane refugee, I had only just gotten into it when it closed down, was a great shame so its great to see most of the regulars have moved to this forum which seems to have the same tone.

A quick question for the ex-pitlaners, there was a link posted to a site which replayed gp's in a graphic format, showing a 2d track map and showing the cars as dots moving around the track.  It was a great way to visualise what happened but I never took down the address.  Can anyone remember the name of the site?

cheers,
Cameron
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 11:50:09 AM by Cam »
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 12:25:19 PM »
That would be Vision F1.  Link: http://www.visionf1.com/

It's a valuable resource for going back and studying particular drivers' fortunes during a race.  They don't update it immediately after a race and it can be several days before they have the latest GP but it's worth waiting for.

Watching Vision F1 replays was how I came to respect Scott Speed as a driver - I made a study of him through last year and at each race this season and his improvement was very evident.  He is twice the driver this year but had already caught and overhauled Liuzzi in the second half of 2006.

Where Vision F1 scores over Live Timing is in the possibility of following a specific driver's race.  While the race is happening, we try to watch the front and as far down the field as we can manage - watch someone like Speed exclusively and you could end up not knowing who won the race!  But Vision F1 replays allow you to take your time, watch carefully, and view each lap at the speed that suits you - when using it as a resource, I usually speed it up to 4 times actual speed.  That's a good compromise between saving time and still being able to keep up with what's going on.

Enjoy!
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Cam

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 12:41:38 PM »
That's the one, thanks chameleon.  Agree its a briliant way to watch a race, would be great if they could do it live, you can get feeling for where everyone's at rather than just the two or three that happen to be on the tv screen.
I am a lover of what is, not because I'm a spiritual person, but because it hurts when I argue with reality - Byron Katie

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 01:09:36 PM »
I have never really looked at visionf1.com but the lapchart on on the live timing at www.formula1.com lets you see who is making up or losing places in real time.  Point your mouse at a driver's name and his trace turns white so you can pick him out of the clutter.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 09:08:23 PM »
I have never really looked at visionf1.com but the lapchart on on the live timing at www.formula1.com lets you see who is making up or losing places in real time.  Point your mouse at a driver's name and his trace turns white so you can pick him out of the clutter.

Interesting.  Thanks for the tip, Steven.

Offline Mike_Grimsby

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2007, 10:52:18 PM »
Glad to have found a new forum.  There have been so many things I have wanted to post on since Pit Lane went down.  I hope the excitement doesn't stop now that I have somewhere to post.

I also hope or previous Admin comes and shares some of his opinions with us now that he doesn't need to referee.

A quality comment, in particular the bold, endorsed by this newcomer. Are you with us, Craig??
I was 'Mr Sensible'. Now I'm just plain old Mike :)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2007, 11:07:42 PM »
Yes he is, as No 5, but not quite as often as we'd like him to be.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2007, 11:11:11 AM »
Thanks for inviting me to this forum.  I had no where to let out my F1 talk desire to until I came upon here after the closure of the Pitlane!

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 12:38:13 PM »
Another thing that I find particularly refreshing about this forum is that threads are allowed to wander where they will.  That keeps it more like a conversation, with subsidiary topics coming and going as they pop up, and the original subject always available to be returned to when someone has something to say on it.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 04:35:38 PM »
Your last sentence. You don't think that's anything to do with old age, do you?
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 05:29:12 PM »
Of course it does, John.  Now, what was I saying...?  :D

Offline WillFrith

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 12:57:28 PM »
this is better than Pit Lane and looking forword to gettin used 2 the ppl and the site!
WFrith1992

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle